As part of the global GPC Talent Management team, the Talent Management Specialist will work cross-functionally and collaboratively to support the initiatives that enhance the employee experience for our 50,000 global Genuine Parts Company associates by creating an inclusive culture where we CONNECT, ENGAGE and GROW our talent resulting in our ability to attract, develop, and retain the best people.
- Assist efforts to implement and improve functionality of key Talent Management processes and programs, including, but not limited to: On-Boarding, Orientation, Performance Management, Training and Development
- Conduct research on best practices and advances in Talent Management
- Presents ideas and best practices to enhance Talent Management programs, processes, and procedures
- Comfortable translating reports into actionable insights.
Engagement and Survey Administration
- Support in the planning and execution of employee surveys (Engagement, On-Boarding, Exit, Pulse).
- Summarize and translate key findings for senior leaders.
- Monitor, track, and update defined project plans to report project status and identify risks
- Support key Talent Development/training processes and programs
- Maintain resources related to training/talent programs to ensure accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field
- 2-3 years related work experience, preferably in Human Resources or Talent Management
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated learning agility – ability to pick up new things quickly / desire to learn
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative in managing multiple projects, contributing towards group goals, and driving for results.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems in a rapidly changing and ambiguous environment