GeoEngineers, Inc., a leading national earth science and technology consulting firm, is seeking a Geotechnical Field Technician for our Boston, MA location to assist with a diversity of technically challenging projects across multiple markets. GeoEngineers is an employee-owned company established in 1980 providing unparalleled client service and innovative science and engineering solutions. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow professionally and make a real impact while taking part in ground-breaking projects and working with leading edge technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Geotechnical Field Technician, you’ll play a key role in supporting the day-to-day field work for several geotechnical engineering projects. You’ll be responsible for conducting daily site visits and monitoring construction, documenting the field conditions, preparing daily field reports and ensuring projects are being completed in accordance with safety procedures. You’ll also have a chance to get your hands dirty (literally) by assisting with collection of soil or water samples at various project sites.
- High school education or equivalent.
- No experience required, although at least one year of previous field and/or fill-control experience in private consulting preferred.
- Willingness to work outdoors (during the summer AND winter months)
- Completion of Nuclear Density Gauge training preferred
- 40 Hour OSHA HAZWOPER training preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license
To learn more about life at GeoEngineers please visit our website at http://www.geoengineers.com.
GeoEngineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity.