About the position
Good-2-Go Oregon is Central Oregon’s premiere community-based support program for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. This position supports the Independent Living Services program which enables clients to live a healthier, and more independent life.
Life Skills Coaches improve our clients’ quality of life through the teaching of important life skills. These may include assisting with a wide range of activities from hiking and biking, to bill paying and grocery shopping. Whether you are helping clients keep appointments, stay active, or keep up with tasks, our focus is helping clients live their best lives.
Responsibilities vary due to client needs but generally include:
- Enabling clients to complete daily tasks (eg cooking, cleaning)
- Accompanying clients in the community (eg shopping)
- Assisting with money management (budgeting)
- Providing cognitive assistance and emotional support
- Monitoring client health
- Advocating for the client as needed
Why Work with Good 2 Go?
- Work-life balance: No late night, early morning, or weekend shifts and overtime is very rarely required
- Supportive management: We are proud to be available for staff, offer flexible schedules, and host regular staff meetings
- Extensive and continuous training: We offer 2 weeks of (paid) training before you meet your first client, pair you with a mentor for your first few months, and offer continuous learning opportunities throughout the year.
- Room for growth: We are proud to grow our staff into their next roles and promote from within. At the time of this post, 77% of the admin team, including every program manager, started in an in-field position.
- Make a difference: Due to the long-term nature of this agency, we are able to develop and foster long term relationships, and watch our clients grow.
- Starting rate between $16.00 – 17.50 / hr (DOE)
- Paid Time off (includes part time staff)
- Affordable and comprehensive dental insurance (full time only)
- Multiple healthcare options including Voyager Gold (full time only)
- Paid Holidays (full time only)
Qualified applicants must:
- Have excellent verbal communication skills
- Possess the ability for creative problem solving
- Be solution oriented
- Be able to obtain a First-Aid/CPR certification within 90-days of employment
- Have reliable and insured personal vehicles to use during services (with travel/mileage reimbursement)
- Good-2-Go has both Full Time and Part Time roles available.
- Hours are flexible between the hours of 8:00 am – 7:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
- Good-2-Go provides services that encompass the new COVID vaccination mandate from the State of Oregon. Therefore, all new employees must be fully vaccinated from COVID 19 prior to their first day of employment. Valid proof of vaccination status will be required on your first day of employment.
- In addition, both clients and staff members are required to wear face masks for the duration of services regardless of vaccination status. Our funding agency has specifically stated that face shields and similar coverings are NOT a valid substitute for masks.
- Masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and other PPE will be provided free of charge on your first day and re-supplied upon request. Additional PPE including car seat covers and sanitizing spray will be available upon request.
Any additional questions?
For more general information about Good-2-Go services and programs, please feel free to consult our website at www.G2GOregon.com. For more information regarding this position, please call Human Resources at 541-610-2101.