Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator
Location: Hebron, OH, US
Requisition ID: 90170
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position
The Health, Safety and Environmental Coordinator will provide substantial expertise, leadership, assistance and advise at every level of the organization – Pertaining to the management of health, safety and environmental (HSE) activities up to and including the people and environmental care [PEC] management system pillar. This includes facilitating, formulating and/or implementing policies, controls, procedures and methods for the entire facility and advising management of pertinent health, safety and environmental issues including compliance.
The incumbent will achieve/maintain compliance with government, corporate and Goodyear requirements through program development and implementation. He/She will implement programs that drive cultural change. In addition, this associate will prepare/maintain incident, training and safety records/reports.
• Evaluate waste vendors through site audits.
• Accurately evaluate/report all activities associated with Sarbanes-Oxley/FIN-47 reporting and financial requirements.
• Ensure all required regulatory/corporate reports are accurate and on-time. Submit permit applications, renewals and periodic reports to appropriate regulatory agencies. Submit required monthly/quarterly/periodic reports to corporate (as required).
• Drive the effort to meet the annual operating plan (AOP) environmental goals.
• Ensure compliance with government regulations.
• Identify/Apply applicable federal, state and local regulations and recommend standards for the evaluation/control of environmental activities. Ensure compliance with all applicable safety and environmental regulations through annual compliance assessments.
• Meet all permit requirements. Coordinate any facility activities required to ensure all permit terms/conditions are being met. Ensure corrective/preventive actions are taken (including timely reporting to regulators) should deviations in terms and/or conditions occur.
• Ensure continual compliance with government regulations. Periodically review new/amended rules for applicability to the organization. Drive Management of Change System – Ensuring material, equipment or process changes are evaluated and appropriately addressed (from a permitting standpoint). Conduct an annual compliance assessment (for all media) – Evaluating all applicable environmental regulations.
• Serve as a resource to leadership teams regarding regulations – Keeping abreast of all applicable regulatory standards and develop training for all department.
• Coordinate safety program activities (including code of federal regulations [CFR] interpretations, safety procedure creation/revision, statistical analysis, safety process auditing/guidance) to achieve safety goals. Establish/Maintain comprehensive industrial health/safety records to demonstrate improvements in safety performance. Prepare/Implement corrective actions to counter unsatisfactory trends. Prepare safety/health awareness, education and training programs. Faithfully execute the PEC management system pillar systems (includes conducting monthly meetings, follow-ups and other action items).
• Coordinate activities to include hearing conservation, respiratory protection, x-ray, sampling strategy/plans and overall associate health (in relation to proving grounds process). Manage the worker’s compensation process and insure accurate/timely reporting of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) incidents (including all associated documentation).
• Develop/Conduct/Coordinate/Implement a wide-variety of training programs for all associates (covering technical/administrative areas). Be a resource to all employees/supervisors to develop programs.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelors degree or in lieu of degree 5 years of working experience in Health, Safety and Environment required
• EHS Experience / Co-Op / Internships desired
• Master’s degree preferred
• Associate Safety Professional (ASP) preferred
• Graduate Safety Professional (GSP) preferred
Skills and Abilities
• Working knowledge of OSHA standards and other government safety requirements
• Understanding company culture and business practices
• Broad knowledge of code of federal regulations (CFR) in environmental/safety, environmental management systems with a track record of progressive improvement in developing/implementing environmental programs desired
• Safety program/training development and implementation experience
• Strong communication, problem-solving and analytical skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes
• Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations and the determination of applicability
• Knowledge of TRI (NPRI or equivalent) calculations and report, hazardous waste management, air/water/waste permitting and pollution prevention
About The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 54 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio, and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg, strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Nearest Major Market: Columbus
Nearest Secondary Market: Dublin
Job Segment: Engineer, Developer, Facilities, R&D Engineer, Engineering, Technology, Operations