The Sous Chef will have extensive experience in classic and contemporary and continental cooking. Fully experienced in Garde Manger work and basic knowledge in pastries. Experienced in management, cost control and staff supervision. Production of a high quality food for the restaurant, concentrating on good taste and excellent presentation. Economical use of products and labor and managing restaurant kitchen staff.
· Genuine passion for Food and Beverage and a love for your career
· Ability to demonstrate classic cooking techniques
· Scheduling staff according to needs.
· Developing daily additions to the menu (specials).
· Orders and controls products, stores and rotates properly.
· Constantly checks market for new ideas, cooking techniques and products.
· Responsible for keeping the kitchen and kitchen equipment clean and in good operating condition. Responsible for keeping walk-in and dry storage clean and orderly.
· Responsible for seeing that hot items are served hot and cold items served cold.
· Dishes used must be in good condition (no chips).
· Oversees the daily preparation and participates in food production.
· Responsible for the safety and training of staff.
· Responsible for overseeing staff to enforce rules and regulations. Holds brief meeting with the staff and the restaurant to discuss daily addition to the menu. Prepares one of each addition for the wait staff to taste.