Analyze performance of key metrics and help to prepare scientific reports to identify trends, make predictions, and provide targets for early intervention. Conduct a wide range of experiments and trials in support of Custom Ingredients manufacturing and improving product quality.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
1.Assist the Technology group in several departments including:
- Provide basic scientific knowledge and technical information in product and process improvement projects which focus on improving product safety and quality.
- Generate and evaluate data from trials using six sigma tools to interpret results, formulate conclusions and make recommendations for improvements based on statistical analysis.
- Perform laboratory experiments to support production investigations and to provide data for process and product improvement projects.
- Develop and present data and information in an understandable way and assist others to understand how data can be used to lead to improvements.
- Application Services:
- Utilize scientific methods, including development of project scopes, experimental design, and statistical analysis, to develop relevant applications formulations to support new product development.
- Conduct, participate in and/or supervise the execution of experiments or trials, including equipment set up and clean up, trial execution, and data collection to identify potential new applications for use of company ingredients.
2. Project Participation
- Provide necessary technical support throughout the project life cycle including during planning, scope definition, design, execution, and delivery.
- Identify potential risks and help to identify mitigations to address them. Communicate risks in clear business and technical terms and provides clear messaging and solution options.
3. Continuing Education
- Keep up to date on developing technologies and items related to quality improvement, quality management and quality systems.
- Review new methods and equipment and advise said items for application to meet research and testing needs.