This position is responsible for transporting material and equipment mobilization within the Inliner Division to ensure on time delivery and protection of valuable raw materials and equipment utilized in the CIPP process.
Essential Job Accountabilities
Drive and operate trucks. Follow instructions; locate and read location and road maps. Pre-inspect and post-inspect truck. Log time accurately into ELD. Follow all DOT and safety regulations. Pick up goods and materials, verify loads for accuracy, and deliver them as instructed. Load and unload cargo. Complete and verify paperwork for accuracy.
- Valid CDL – Class A or Class B
- Certificate from an accredited CDL school
- 21 years or older
- HAZMAT and Tanker endorsements preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least six months of OTR experience preferred
- Experience with goose neck trailers and 53’ trailers
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Traffic laws/ DOT regulations/ driving knowledge
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 80 pounds throughout day
- Able to pass random drug tests
- Clean driving record – no DUI/DWI convictions in the past seven years
- Listening and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel overnight for up to a week at a time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
- Ability and willingness to abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis