Our award-winning public relations firm is seeking entry-level Go-Getters/Gifted Geeks/Genuine Geniuses to join the GG team. Group Gordon works with clients in a variety of industries and issue areas across our corporate, nonprofit, and crisis practices. In partnership with our clients, we manage the entire spectrum of strategic communications, from defining an organization’s public narrative to securing media coverage.
Associates are hands-on participants in both day-to-day execution and big-picture creative thinking, in collaboration with senior team members. We are looking for excellent writers, meticulous researchers, and strategic thinkers who want to use and grow these skills in a supportive, collaborative environment.
Note: Group Gordon is currently all-remote. When it is safe to do so, we will operate on a hybrid schedule: employees will go to our New York City office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays and have the option of working remotely Mondays and Fridays.
No two days are the same at Group Gordon. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Supporting the management of accounts as a client-facing member of the team
- Assisting in the development and execution of communications plans, memos, and day-to-day recommendations
- Working with journalists to tell our clients’ stories and build their profiles in the media
- Drafting and editing documents such as press releases, messaging and talking points, media advisories, op-eds, and blog posts
- Researching and monitoring traditional and social media coverage of clients, their competitors, and trends in their industries
- Building and maintaining lists of and relationships with relevant journalists
- Pitching in on office tasks, such as ordering supplies, filing, and working with vendors
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Resourceful and creative in research (from Google searches to deeper dives)
- Ability to take ownership and work independently while contributing to a team
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Media savvy, with a sense of what’s newsworthy
- No previous public relations experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Subsidized health insurance; annual stipend for health costs; free OneMedical membership
- 401k with company contribution and discretionary profit sharing
- Paid vacation days plus company and religious holidays, Summer Fridays, and your birthday off
- Quarterly self-care afternoons off; social activities like trivia, book club, happy hours, our annual PR Olympics, and other fun activities
Interested candidates should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A résumé
- Responses to the following four questions (no more than one page total):
- In a nutshell, who are you and why are you interested in PR and Group Gordon?
- Tell us about a project that took you out of your comfort zone. How did you approach it?
- Tell us about a mistake you made in your professional/academic career. What happened, what did you learn, and what would you change if you could go back?
- Tell us about a team project you worked on. What made the group function well, what challenges did you face, and what do you think was your most significant contribution to the outcome?