Associate, Risk and Controls
Company: GroupM NA
Salary range: Competitive
Reporting to: North America Risk and Controls Director
About the Role:
We are looking for an NA Associate, Risk and Controls to be part of the worldwide Risk & Controls team. The role involves liaising with a wide range of stakeholders across GroupM and WPP. Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and a collaborative team-oriented, problem solving approach are critical.
- Being a trusted partner and adviser for the Company in the area of risk, internal controls and compliance.
- Driving continuous improvement in the Company’s control environment and fostering ownership and accountability for internal controls at all levels.
- Supporting the culture of compliance, ethics and integrity.
- Providing training on internal policies, “what good looks like” in relation to controls, supporting controls implementation and demonstrating the value of good controls throughout the Company.
- Embracing technology and innovation to optimise risk & control activities and increase level of compliance across the business.
- Building and leveraging relationships to identify risks, anticipate issues and recommend solutions.
- Support the design and implementation of financial, operational and compliance controls across the Region in line with the WPP Internal Control framework, which includes meeting the documentation and evidence standards required.
- Support the design and operation of effective on-going quality review / control monitoring programs as a second line of defence.
- Support in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, including use of technology, while adapting to the new and evolving challenges and opportunities.
- Support in setting regional standards (where applicable and in line with global instruction), reinforce WPP & GroupM policies, control requirements and communicate updates / changes to the business in a clear and concise manner.
- Be a partner and source of support and guidance for specific areas of change / strategic importance that require controls implementation to enable on-going success.
- Think strategically about our business, support development of pragmatic and sustainable solutions to enhance the control environment and streamline / standardise processes, procedures and controls.
- Coordinate / oversee internal control and risk management processes, e.g. business risk maps, internal control self-certifications, market Letter of Representation submissions, Code of Conduct and related party declarations review.
- Supporting Regional Risk and Controls Team in other ad-hoc activities.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
- Knowledge of IFRS, Sarbanes-Oxley, PCAOB requirements, etc.
- A team player who is driven, high-energy, detail oriented and disciplined thinker.
- Ability to apply a structured approach towards balancing multiple demands and priorities in a fast-paced environment and work collaboratively across geographies, functions, and with employees of diverse backgrounds.
- Experienced in assessing business risk and evaluating adequacy and effectiveness of internal control systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
GroupM is the world’s leading media investment company responsible for more than $63B in annual media investment through agencies Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. GroupM’s portfolio includes Data & Technology, Investment and Services, all united in vision to shape the next era of media where advertising works better for people. By leveraging all the benefits of scale, the company innovates, differentiates and generates sustained value for our clients wherever they do business.
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.