Hachette Books, an imprint of Perseus Books, a Hachette Book Group company, is seeking an intern in our Publicity Department, running from September-December 2021.The paid internship is 16-20 hours per week, at $15 per hour.
The intern will assist on any and all project-related tasks including pulling lists, sending out mailings/fulfilling review copy requests, writing press materials, updating databases, coding bills, helping book travel, writing social media copy, coordinating giveaways, helping to manage author tour schedules, and more.
Who you are:
- A rising junior or senior, graduate student, or recent graduate interested in exploring a career in book publishing
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic and excited about discussing recent books you’ve read
- Possess a great attitude and a desire to learn as well as excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and contribute insights
- Resourceful with the ability to balance multiple responsibilities and work independently
- Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
What you will learn:
- Assist with galley and review copy mailings for Fall titles
- Update the publicity databases
- Write early drafts of press releases, galley letters, and pitch emails for upcoming titles.
- Create press and marketing materials
- Work on publicity schedules and tours
- Create media and marketing lists
- General administrative duties
How to apply:
In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume AND cover letter. Your cover letter should specify your interest in Hachette Books, nonfiction publishing, as well as book publicity.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT / COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DISCLOSURE:
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position has a compensation of $15/hour. Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.