Full-time or part-time
Are you looking to have some startup experience and ready to dive in and act as a full-time employee? Join us for a unique 4 month (Sep-Dec) paid internship ($18/hr) that offers personal and professional development at an emerging early stage start-up in Utah! Software engineers at Hallo develop the next-generation technologies that change how language learners and teachers connect and interact with each other via live streaming. As a fast growing startup, our products need to evolve quickly as we are introducing and testing new features and handle usage at a massive scale, and extend well beyond the mobile app. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including Flutter, Firebase, AWS, international payment gateways, Web RTC, large-scale system design, data storage, artificial intelligence, web and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineering intern, you will work on our actual product critical to Hallo’s needs with opportunities to contribute to the main product of Hallo as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be agile, versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Hallo aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our products and technology serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures lead to the creation of better products and services.
Hallo is and always will be not only a language learning company but also an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions in the future, of users. At Hallo, engineers not only develop and innovate new features, but they work on performance, massive scalability, and large-scale applications. Hallo engineers are changing the world by disrupting the language learning industry and building the future of language learning.
- Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, mobile application development, Flutter, Firebase, Web RTC, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, and/or networking.
- Startup experience.
- Knowledge and experience with Dart, Flutter, Firebase, AWS, and Web RTC.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve the software quickly.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Paid Internship ($18/hr)
- Startup Experience
- Countless Opportunities
- Best investment you could ever make in yourself
*IMPORTANT: Check out this article, “Why You Should Join the Hallo Rocket Ship” before submitting your application to see if you would be a good fit for Hallo.