Location: El Segundo, CA 90245
Company: Kite, A Gilead Company (Pharmaceutical/BioTech)
Pay Rate: $15.00 – $19.00/hourly (Negotiable)
6 month contract-to-perm/FTE Opportunity
Job Description: ***Shift: Sun-Wed Swing: 4 ten hour shifts
Seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a QC Microbiology Technician in our new commercial cell therapy production center located in El Segundo CA. You will work with the Quality Control team in supporting our efforts in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. This position provides Quality Control microbiological testing for clinical and commercial manufactured product, responsible for product testing, utility testing and environmental monitoring.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Perform environmental monitoring of cleanrooms
• Collect water samples
• Perform microbiological assays such as Gram Stain, Endotoxin, Sterility, Microbial Identification, Growth Promotion, Bioburden and Plate Reading
• Perform visual inspection of final product
• Data entry and trend data
• Assist in investigations regarding out of specifications (OOS) results, address and manage deviations related to micro procedures.
• Routine maintenance of lab equipment and lab spaces
• Perform other duties as required
• Shift: Sun-Wed Swing: 4/10 Schedule
• Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology preferred with 1+ years of Microbiology lab/Environmental Monitoring experience
• Experience in the application of microbiological techniques such as air monitoring, water testing, surface monitoring, genus and species identification of various microbes
• Experience in aseptic techniques and clean room operations
• Ability to gown for entry into Aseptic core and supporting areas, and lift approximately 25 lbs.
• Ability to pass vision exam for visual inspection
• Knowledge of GMP, SOPs and quality control processes
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and other applications
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
• Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
• Ability to be flexible with schedule, and work overtime as needed
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.