Starting Base Salary + Monthly Performance Bonuses $65,000 – $85,000
Healthcare Legal Solutions, LLC, is a healthcare collections firm in Washington, DC that provides denial management, consulting, and corporate collections services to hospitals and health systems. We are a small, fast-growing firm with lots of opportunities for new employees to prove themselves and a great team culture.
Job Description and Tasks:
Ideal candidates will be able to settle a high volume of claims using creative, innovative, and flexible argumentation. We will provide intensive training in writing, legal argumentation, and medical record analysis. From there, thinking outside the box is a must.
Candidates will manage an ample case load of corporate health claims. This involves filing written appeals through administrative appeals processes to resolve problematic (e.g. underpaid or denied) medical claims for payment with governmental and corporate health payers.
Candidates will be required to perform the following duties:
– Quickly and efficiently review medical records and submit well-written appeals to health insurers and governmental payors.
– Be comfortable, skilled, assertive, cordial, and professional on the telephone to follow up on submitted appeals.
– Navigate through various computer systems and applications to find information about insurance claims.
– Navigate through unfamiliar jurisdictions and processes in order to appeal and settle claims.
– Undergraduate and law school GPAs of 3.0 or higher.
– Licensed to practice law in any UBE jurisdiction, preferably in the District of Columbia, Maryland, or Pennsylvania. Also accepting recent graduates with bar exams scheduled or results pending.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, with the ability to quickly learn and operate new computer programs and software.
– Highly attentive to detail and able to handle large amounts of paperwork for a busy office.
– Excellent organizational and time management skills.
– Clear, concise, and logical writing style.
– Able to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision.
– Basic working knowledge of medical terminology and diagnostic procedures.
– Previous coursework and/or work experience in biological sciences or healthcare.
Return to Office:
– We are constantly re-evaluating our “return to office” policy as it pertains to the COVID pandemic. Ultimately, we want to return to an in-office team atmosphere with remote work options based on experience and performance. Specifics on current status and time frame will be discussed during the interview process.
Interested candidates should submit a resume with their undergraduate and law school GPAs, as well as a cover letter. Applications without GPAs or a cover letter will not be considered.