As a Culinary Intern or Extern with the Hershey Entertainment Complex, you will assist at The Chocolatier, Restaurant + Patio Bar in the coordinating culinary kitchen operations, ordering and receiving items, managing inventory, and assisting with and scheduling.
- This position is located at The Chocolatier Restaurant + Patio Bar, within Hersheypark.
- Internship/Externship will include flexible shifts around 35 hours or more per week.
- Internship/Externship timeline is flexible to fit specific program needs.
- Housing may be available through our housing partner, depending on start date.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the internship is filled.
Best. Perks. Ever.:
- Free Admission to Hersheypark
- Free Parking to all Hersheypark & Giant Center Events
- Sweet Discounts across town
- Employee Appreciation Events
- And more!
- Assist in the development and maintaining of dining plans, kitchen guidelines, food safety and handling procedures, and food presentation techniques
- Assist with communicating staffing requirements in preparation for scheduling and acting as a liaison when updates are needed
- Assist with ordering of food items and supplies and receiving and storing them appropriately
- Assist with inventory management; to include, rotating stock, counting, and adhering to standard par levels
- Assist with food preparation and service shifts
- Enter and modify standardized recipe forms
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be a student currently enrolled in a Culinary or Pastry program.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and have the ability to quickly learn computer based applications
- Must have proven excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be innovative and be self-motivated to complete tasks
- Must be detail orientated with proven organizational skills
- Must have reliable, steady transportation to and from work
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, including; days, evenings, weekends (including both Saturday and Sunday), and holidays
- Schedule for this position includes hours up to 35 hours per week (additional hours may be available throughout the operating season)
- Physical requirements include standing for the majority of the shift, sitting, walking and lifting a minimum of 25 pounds unassisted and 50 with assistance
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer