Houlihan’s Restaurant + Bar is a modern American restaurant and bar located in the Hershey Press Building. We utilize scratch methods by using real, whole ingredients to create dishes in our open kitchen. If you think we just described you and your ideal environment, join our team, and help us dish out excellence to our guests.
An Internship at Houlihan’s Restaurant + Bar is focused on developing a strong operational capability in the student. The intern will learn basic knife skills, sanitation, recipe adherence, proper food handling, team work, hot line and prep cooking in a high volume scratch kitchen environment. Rotation within departments will be based on the student’s abilities and desire to excel. You will learn to use systems designed to promote consistency and high quality within the locations of our Downtown Restaurant Group, Devon Seafood + Steak and Houlihan’s Restaurant + Bar.
- This position is located at the Houlihan’s Restaurant + Bar in Hershey, PA
- Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours.
- Transportation is not provided for this program; all selected students must have reliable transportation to and from work assignments.
- Internship/Externship timeline is flexible to fit specific program needs.
- Housing may be available through our housing partner depending on start date.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the internship is filled.
Best. Perks. Ever.
- Free Admission to Hersheypark
- Free Parking to all Hersheypark & Giant Center Events
- Sweet Discounts across town
- Employee Appreciation Events
- And more!
- Prepare entrees, appetizers, soups, sandwiches, and side items
- Assist in food preparation
- Maintain a clean and organized work area using ServSafe training and State Food Safety regulations.
- Demonstrate safe handling of tools, knives and equipment in carrying out assigned tasks.
- Exhibit safe food handling practices.
- Exhibit basic knowledge and understanding of cooking techniques; strive to advance knowledge and skills.
- Follow verbal direction and written recipes quickly and accurately; asking appropriate questions for clarification.
- Develop proficiency in operating assigned stations.
- Performs all job related duties as required.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Must be a student currently enrolled in a Culinary Arts program OR recent Culinary Arts graduate within 6 months of applying
- 1 year of industry related Food & Beverage experience preferred.
- ServSafe Certification preferred
- Working knowledge of kitchen equipment, good knife skills, and possess a full tool kit.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Working knowledge of weights and measures, as well as basic math applications.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Ability to work organized alone or within a team environment.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Constant (>67%)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (>67%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- Additional physical requirements include repetitive elbow motions for chopping, repetitive write motions for stirring and chopping.
- Must have ability of taste buds to distinguish between and among flavors, spices, temperature, and mouth feel (smoothness, pungency, etc.) of food, and beverage.
- Must have ability of olfactory nerves to distinguish between and among odors and scents as to their appeal and level of intensity.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures.
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- Flexible shift required, including weekends and holidays.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer