The Pastry Intern is responsible for completing regular daily food production in support of The SweeterieSM Confectionary Kitchen and Milton’s SM Ice Cream Parlor.
- Internship/Externship timeline is flexible to fit specific program needs.
- Housing may be available through our housing partner depending on start date.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the internship is filled.
Best. Perks. Ever.
- Free Admission to Hersheypark
- Free Parking to all Hersheypark & Giant Center Events
- Sweet Discounts across town
- Employee Appreciation Events
- And more!
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Prepare all assigned baking and pastry processes following recipe and presentation guidelines.*
- Maintain clean and sanitary work environment and station on a daily basis; maintain standards of good personal hygiene and proper uniform guidelines and checks quality of food items needed for daily mise en place, practicing proper rotation (FIFO) and prep levels.*
- Complete designated prep levels with consistency and without sacrificing food quality; maintain a high standard of food quality with demonstrated efficiency in the utilization of products to control food products.*
- Accept leadership and direction in order to carry out assigned tasks for the good of the team. Demonstrate followship skills within work group or station partners.*
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be a student currently enrolled in a Baking/Pastry Arts program OR a recent Baking/Pastry Arts graduate within 6 months of applying
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Displays and understands basic pastry skills and has solid baking techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively as a team player with supervisors, employees & customers
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer