HM.CLAUSE is a Business Unit of Limagrain, an international agricultural co-operative founded and managed by farmers. HM.CLAUSE specializes in the breeding, production, and sale of vegetable seeds. From the world market to the farmer’s market, we collaborate with our customers to deliver successful solutions for the agricultural challenges of today and produce the highest quality vegetable seeds for the future. Our global team of experts and state-of-the-art research facilities enable us to work side-by-side with growers to provide the most regionally relevant and reliable vegetable seeds available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES. Other duties may be assigned.
• Execute greenhouse crop programs to the expectations of the breeding and research staff
• Develop crop specific fertilizer and irrigation protocols that maximize the potential of the breeding programs
• Work alone and with others to insure that crop protocols and crop management procedures are followed
• Apply labeled pesticides to control insect and disease pests
• Measure and monitor key performance metrics related to both the quality and productivity of crop programs
• Oversee and perform routine greenhouse maintenance and repair
Planning and Strategy
• Conduct periodic crop reviews (Crop talks) with members of the research and breeding teams to assess success of programs
• Forecast weekly labor needs and work with others to achieve desired outcomes in an efficient and productive manner
• Assist in the development of annual operating budgets and capital investment plans
• Conduct periodic crop walks with the Station Manager to review crop progress and develop plans to address any variances or opportunities
• Prepare monthly written progress reports for the Station Manager
• Assist in the design, specification, bidding and construction of future greenhouse facilities
Station and Organizational Development and Improvement
• Actively support the station Illness and Injury Prevention Plan – assist in periodic safety training
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement
• Participate in weekly staff meetings to share progress and discuss opportunities for improvement
• Work with others to provide training and development opportunities for all staff members
• Participate in periodic seminars and educational opportunities to insure that protocols and crop recipes are up to date
• Work with the Station Manager to develop and implement station and regional improvement initiatives
• Cross train with Farm Manager and assist as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Station Manager
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Agriculture or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years general greenhouse and/ or farming experience.
- 3+ years experience in irrigation techniques and planning.
- 3+ years experience with crew supervision.
- 4 or more years experience operating greenhouses and farm equipment, including tractors.
- Pesticide Applicator’s License, or the ability to obtain license.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish desired.