HM.CLAUSE is a Business Unit of Limagrain, an international agricultural co-operative founded and managed by farmers. HM.CLAUSE specializes in the breeding, production, and sale of vegetable seeds. From the world market to the farmer’s market, we collaborate with our customers to deliver successful solutions for the agricultural challenges of today and produce the highest quality vegetable seeds for the future. Our global team of experts and state-of-the-art research facilities enable us to work side-by-side with growers to provide the most regionally relevant and reliable vegetable seeds available.
The Seasonal Employment Position is an entry level position that will work for approximately 1,700 hours for the season assigned. This is a great entry level position with the flexibility of a limited time period commitment.
• In a team setting, assist in keeping warehouse clean, safe and productive.
• Operate equipment and follow processes to complete tasks in a timely manner.
• May be required to work on a computer.
• May be required to drive a forklift.
• Responsible for following all established plant procedures (Safety, Quality, HR, etc.).
• Responsible for product quality assessments and adherence to product specifications.
• Follow safety protocols when working with chemicals and hazardous materials.
• Execute sampling procedures per established requirements to maintain company quality standards.
• Will be working in a team environment but must be able to work individually.
• Maintain integrity and accuracy in data entry.
• If required, the Company will sponsor training to obtain Pesticide Application Certificate and Forklift Certification.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent
Must be able to be forklift certified.
Time-pressure and a flexible attitude regarding last minute planning changes.
Exposure to heat, dust, potential hazardous chemicals, and noise.
Ability to work shifts, weekends and/or overtime as required.
Ability to obtain pesticide application certificate.
Ability to work with various types of machinery.
Ability to multitask as needed
Operating Equipment – Set up equipment and monitor gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
Quality Control – Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
Initiative – A self-starter with a desire to learn and improve.
Troubleshooting – Determining causes of operating errors.
Minor Preventive Maintenance – Servicing machines or systems using the needed tools.
Problem Solving – Identifying problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and solutions.
Equipment Selection – Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
You will be eligible to join the HM.CLAUSE, Inc. 401(k) Retirement Plan as of the beginning of the month after 30 days of continuous employment.
Company benefits will be determined by the duration of the seasonal employment period.
You will be eligible for the company’s regular paid holidays as long as they fall on your regularly scheduled work day.
You will also be eligible for the annual sick leave benefit of 3 paid days after you have satisfied 90 days of continuous employment.
- 8-hour shift, overtime as necessary Single shift operation:
- Monday – Friday, 5:30am – 2:00pm with some overtime as necessary
- Seasonal Employees
- 40 hours per week during assigned season, overtime as necessary