Position: Digital Marketing Associate
Location: Winter Garden, FL (In person)
Hours: M-F (9am-5pm)
Reports to: Director of Marketing
About the HJGT
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) was founded in 2007 with the intention of providing junior golfers between the ages of 8-18 an opportunity to play exceptional courses in a competitive environment. The tour’s vision is to provide superb hospitality and make every event a memorable one. With play open to both males and females, nearly every junior golfer is eligible to participate in the HJGT. Currently the HJGT is the largest junior golf tour in the world hosting more 2-day nationally ranked events than any other tour.
In 2017, the Hurricane Junior Golf Tour announced a partnership with Nexus, an international hospitality and entertainment company backed by financier Joe Lewis and Tavistock Group, golfing great Tiger Woods and musician and entertainer Justin Timberlake, which will further our collective goal of growing the game of golf, broadening the Tour’s reach across the U.S. and around the world.
Assist in creating all aspects of marketing, promotion, and social media content.
● Pursuing a degree in Business/Sports Management/Marketing or other related fields
● Preferred or must receive at least one (1) credit for the onsite experience from an accredited College/University.
● Must be within good standing of your College/University
● Post Tournament Press Releases
● Website Updates
● Email/Text Messages for Upcoming Tournament and Membership
● Online Retail Creatives and Graphics
● Sponsorship Activation Strategies
● Assist other departments with marketing strategies
● Creating and Implementing Social Media Campaigns
● Other duties assigned by the Director of Marketing
What does success look like?
● Hitting all marketing deadlines as well as assisting every department in their overall objectives
● Grow social media by 40% during the time of the internship (All social platforms combined)
● Create profitable marketing/social campaigns for invitationals, products, etc..
● Business/Marketing experience preferred
● Ability to Multitask in a Faced-Paced Environment
● Excellent communication/writing skills
● Attention to detail
● Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and any other Adobe Creative Cloud
● Knowledge of Microsoft Office
● Goal oriented
● Result driven
Why intern with HJGT?
● College Credit for getting hands on, once in a lifetime educational experience
● Minimal Travel
● Resume building workshops
● Classroom sessions with HJGT employees to assist with career planning
● Recommendation letters from full time employees
Professional & Personal Incentives
● Networking Forum sessions with Professionals in the Sports Industry
● Board and Room Compensation: interns will be provided with fully furnished housing at ChampionsGate in Orlando, FL.
● Access to 3 golf courses at Orange County National. Interns can play Crooked Cat, Panther Lake, and the Tooth (Prices vary)
● Weekly stipend for groceries and transportation
● Intern activities (Disney Springs, Drive Shack, Fantasia Gardens, Bowling, etc…)
● Amenities (Fitness gym, pool, and pool/leisure activities)
● Bed Frame and Mattress
● Washer & Dryer
● Kitchen Appliances
● Internet and TV
● Students will be able to use the HJGT internship for college credit. Your institution will decide the amount of credits. All interns MUST be enrolled in at least one credit. Accommodations are applicable if required.
● Hands on experience within the Golf Industry
● Assistance and exposure for obtaining full-time employment with HJGT or through its extensive network (examples include but not limited to NFL, NHL, NCAA, NBA, etc. )
There are countless benefits to participating in the HJGT internship program. Interns will meet and interact with various groups of people and get to know the future athletic Professionals of the PGA and LPGA tours. For example, interns will be around golf professionals, directors of golf, course superintendents, influential and successful sponsors, parents, and spectators. This internship is unlike many other programs because of the hands-on experience you will receive. Interns will be given daily tasks that have a substantial impact on the organization. Such as having the opportunity to develop social and intrapersonal skills, department management, and ability to problem solve in a high-intense, fun, fast, and interactive environment.
Due to the nature of the entertainment industry, the associate may be required to work varying schedules including nights and weekends to reflect the business needs of the company.
Hurricane Junior Golf Tour is an equal opportunity employer, and we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or any other classification protected by