As an IBM Security Consultant, you will lead to secure the world by translating security requirements into the design and deployment of IBM Security Solutions in an agile world. The success of IBM and our customers is in your hands as you transform vital security needs into policies and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its customers to securely operate in a hostile world. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s leading security experts.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Start And End Dates For This Position Are During Summer 2022 (Approx 3 months)
At IBM, our clients have security in mind, and your job is to help them get there. As part of IBM’s security team, you will work with teams and clients as they transform organizational security. We’re driven by more than just providing security solutions for organizations. We want our clients to succeed. IBMers can access our entire organization to develop original ideas that help clients create the world they imagine.
At IBM Security, we partner with Fortune 100 clients to deliver real value by:
- Bringing together the world’s largest consulting practice with industry-leading security research capabilities
- Enriching business consulting with advanced security research, analytics, and technologies
- Solving complex client challenges and providing holistic solutions that incorporate people, processes, and technologies to improve security posture
- Teaming on all phases of engagement to monitor, detect, plan, build, implement, and support advanced security solutions
- Establishing new, flexible, and iterative approaches that only IBM can offer through our unique combination of skills, experiences, and capabilities
- Providing our clients with an integrated approach to business design and execution, turning strategies into actions
What do we look for in a successful Cybersecurity Consultant Intern?
- Initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills
- Drive to overcome the most challenging obstacles and look for ways to improve results
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and work well with others
- Demonstrated leadership and adaptability, with willingness to take ownership of any given task or project
- Ability to understand and assimilate different points of view, manage time, and prioritize work based on project needs and deadlines
- Thorough and analytical, with capability to apply logic to solve problem
These are office based positions in IBM locations, including the following. Opportunities in these locations will vary based on demand & will be deleted as filled:
MA – Cambridge
TX – Austin
GA – Sandy Springs
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Fundamental understanding of computer security concepts
- Basic knowledge of computer operating systems (Windows, Linux, macOS)
- Basic knowledge of computer networking protocols
- Moderate programming skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Understanding and/or experience with Agile, Design Thinking practices
- Experience with cloud technologies
- Participation in industry related organizations and activities
About Business Unit
No matter where you work in IBM, you are making an impact. As an Early Professional with IBM, you will be taking on a key role with one of our industry-leading business units to work on the technology that is solving our most challenging problems and changing the way the world thinks.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM offers a competitive benefits program which may include medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, paid sick time, paid vacation, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), life insurance, IBM 401(k) Program and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.