The Role: Medical Technologist I/ II
To be successful in the role, you will have:
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast paced, busy environment for a leading global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. Our Medical Technologist will ensure the Central Laboratory is meeting the highest quality standards. Perform the general technical assignments and testing in the Laboratory Department in accordance with current procedures and quality standards. Assists with the daily management and operation of the department ensuring that turnaround times agreed in each contract are met-and as assigned by the management team. Assist with the teaching and development of staff currently in the department; to maintain at all times the required high standards and quality.
Overview Of The Role
- Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON’s values which center around our commitment to People, Clients and Performance.
- As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
- Perform genetic and molecular biology laboratory procedures involving traditional techniques such as PBMC, isolation of DNA and RNA, PCR, RT-PCR, Real-Time PCR, and other molecular techniques (knowledge of Illumina MiseqDx NGS and Luminex 200 are strongly desired)
- Operate equipment carefully and according to procedures; maintain laboratory automation equipment per established operating procedures.
- Perform necessary equipment checks, performance testing, preventive maintenance, and quality control on equipment per laboratory guidelines, as assigned.
- Assure equipment and instruments meet performance standards.
- Maintain QC related documents.
- Assure the accuracy of all tests performed by adhering to the laboratory’s Quality Control Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain complete documentation for assay tracking and results for review/reporting.
- Participate in the Proficiency Testing Program as assigned.
- Complete the performance of proficiency testing in assigned laboratory sections.
- Review all test requests thoroughly for errors, omissions, clarity, and potential problems.
- Verify patient identification at all steps of every procedure and maintain complete accuracy.
- Follow unidirectional flow of specimen handling to avoid contamination.
- Notify supervisor of discrepancies and records corrective action taken.
- Help maintain commonly used equipment and resolve minor equipment problems. Troubleshoot instrument related issues as they occur.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good laboratory and organizational skills, including the ability to work independently and efficiently are essential.
- Ability to multitask, along with an orientation toward teamwork and leadership.
- Strong creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- To Succeed You Will Need
- You will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology along with a minimum of 5 years of experience successfully performing as a Technologist. You will need experience which should be in immunology, ELISA and PCR.
- You must possess a New York State License as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist.