The Operational Evaluation Division (OED) has an immediate career opening for an Analyst to support the Department of Defense’s (DoD) operational test and evaluation of U.S. missile defense systems. IDA takes great pride in the high caliber and timeliness of its analyses, which are produced in an atmosphere that encourages independent thinking and objective results. Work at IDA is conducted in a team environment and often involves a multi-disciplinary approach.
The Analyst will support and advise mid- and senior-level civilian and military DoD officials regarding the operational test and evaluation of U.S. missile defense systems. The position involves observing missile defense flight tests and analyzing the design, execution, and results of flight tests and modeling and simulation activity to ensure effective operations under real-world conditions. Analyses will provide the Office of the Secretary of Defense and Congressional leadership with independent assessments of system capabilities. Close interaction with government officials responsible for the planning, development, and execution of tests is required. Strong scientific and technical skills, particularly in the area of quantitative data analysis, are required as well as the ability to speak and write clearly, think analytically, and work independently. Travel is required.
- Candidates must have an advanced degree in the physical sciences, applied statistics or mathematics, or an engineering discipline. MS is required or PhD preferred.
- Candidates with a Masters degree must have 8+ years of practical experience in engineering design and testing of missile defense systems.
- Experience with command and control systems, experimental test design, and/or computer programming and modeling and simulation is desirable.
- Military or civilian DoD acquisition or test experience is a plus.
- Candidates are encouraged to submit a brief cover letter describing their interests, skill sets, and specific abilities that are applicable to this job.
- Candidates selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information as required.
- Successful completion of a background check is required.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer
Effective October 11, 2021, all current and newly hired IDA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have been granted a medical or religious exemption. Individuals who accept employment with IDA will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated or receive approval for a medical or religious accommodation prior to starting employment.