Effective October 11, 2021, all current and newly hired IDA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have been granted a medical or religious exemption. Individuals who accept employment with IDA will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated or receive approval for a medical or religious accommodation prior to starting employment.
The Operational Evaluation Division (OED) has an immediate career opening for a Research Analyst to support the Department of Defense’s assessment of the operational effectiveness, suitability, survivability, and lethality of Army and Marine Corps combat systems. IDA takes great pride in the high caliber and timeliness of its analyses, which are produced in an atmosphere that encourages independent thinking and objective results. Work at IDA is conducted in a team environment and typically involves multi-disciplinary collaboration.
The Analyst will support and advise mid- and senior-level civilian and military officials regarding the operational evaluation of Department of Defense weapon systems. The Analyst will assist in the design and planning for operational testing, observe operational test execution, consider associated modeling and simulation activity, and provide independent written assessments and analyses. Close interaction with officials responsible for the planning, development, and execution of testing is required. Travel to observe testing and participate in meetings is required.
- Candidates must have one of the following combinations of education and experience:
- A PhD in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, Physics, Biological Sciences, Chemistry or an interdisciplinary program that encompasses one of these areas of focus coupled with relevant work experience in government, industry, fellowships, or internships; OR
- A Master’s degree in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, Physics, Biological Sciences, Chemistry or an interdisciplinary program that encompasses one of these areas of focus coupled with 10+ years’ experience
- Marine or Army service is a plus.
- Experience compiling and analyzing large sets of quantitative data is a plus.
- Experience in test and evaluation of government acquisition systems is a plus.
- Experience writing and editing reports or speeches for senior government officials is a plus.
- Up to 25% travel is required.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check is required.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer