IA Interior Architects translates client goals, brand and culture into powerful environments built around people, processes, technologies and business drivers. Our clients in diverse markets worldwide require high-performance, visually compelling and sustainable environments to move their enterprise forward, support their culture, engage their staff, integrate technology and drive efficiencies. As architects, designers, workplace strategists and environmental specialists in the largest global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interiors, we help clients articulate and align their business strategies and core values with the dynamic use of space.
Our team members are collaborative, creative, professional, expert and entrepreneurial. Joining our team requires skill, daring, leadership, teaming, humor and a love of interiors. We are presently searching for a full-time Junior Experiential Graphic Designer in our Seattle studio. Working under the supervision of a more senior Designer or Project Manager, the Junior Experiential Graphic Designer performs a broad variety of drafting and/or design tasks.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Design and develop project presentations including coloring/rendering 2D/3D plans and elevations; 2D/3D presentation layout design
- Edit plan and elevation views for rendering presentations
- Supports the team in collecting information for client assessment
- Provides documentation support
Required Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphics, Industrial Design or Interior Design, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years’ experience with 3D/2D graphics, signage, digital printing
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of the application of color, materials and aesthetic form
- Familiarity with space planning methodology
- Familiarity with furnishings and equipment
- Basic Sketching and rendering skills
- Basic interior architecture detailing skills
- Working knowledge of CDs and procedures
- Intermediate MS Office and Adobe PDF application skills
- Sound Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign skills
- Intermediate verbal, graphic and written communication skills.
For the majority of the time the Junior Experiential Graphic Designer will be sitting in a studio with limited physical requirements. This may require individuals to bend, stretch, twist and reach. On occasion individuals will be required to visit a client site to perform site verifications and field surveys. The position is not subject to occupational and safety risks.
Please submit a portfolio or work examples with your application
IA Interior Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran