Please be local to Portland and available for in-person interviews.
Attn: Recent Grads (and College Athletes), Early Career Women and Men
Note: We are currently looking for a select candidate to expand our sales efforts here in our Portland, OR office come October. Applicants should be physically IN PORTLAND and available for immediate interview in-office. If selected, candidate will begin full time employment in our Downtown Portland office. Safety measures as per CDC and Oregon Health Authority are being adhered to for COVID-19 prevention.
Please read the entire ad before applying to make certain everything sounds like a match for you!
At ISM we are grateful to be celebrating our 24th year in business and enjoying a record year thanks to a combination of incredible pent-up demand and our incredible team of event and sales professionals. Our events being sold are 12 – 36+ months out, uniquely positioning our offerings of live events as they return with spectators, along with corporate budgets that are allocated for such hosting.
Since inception in 1997, ISM has become the industry leader in the global sports event ticketing and hospitality space. We specialize in creating customized premium sports hospitality packages our (mainly) corporate clients utilize to host and entertain their most valued guests at major events such as the U.S. Open Golf Championship, College Football Championship, Kentucky Derby, World Cup, and scores more.
Ultimately, we also know it is our in-house team that has positioned us where we are today. The values we live by at ISM are: GENUINE, TEAMWORK, RESPECT, INTEGRITY, and TENACITY. We are hiring an Inside Sales Executive who will be responsible for new business development, which starts with “cold” calling (this simply means you haven’t spoken to someone before – it’s how many of the biggest companies in the world bring on new clients!) but we teach you how to “warm” the call using your personality and communication skills very quickly. These positions are only the beginning however with growth and promotion opportunities to national accounts or sales management available within 6-12 months for successful candidates.
If you love challenges, are motivated by the hunt for new business, want to make money and advance your career, but aren’t afraid of hard work, or failure, then you just might be a match. Remember, your background helps define where you are, but more important is where you want to go and having the initiative to get there!
- Work closely with our sales leadership to develop strategies for targeting companies and delivering our value proposition clearly and with enthusiasm
- Drive sales activities including proactive outreach to prospects as well as develop qualified leads, set meetings, maintain your sales CRM
- Comprehensive training
- Ongoing mentoring
- Base salary + commission + bonus, uncapped
- Bonuses, both cash & prize (monthly, quarterly & annually)
- Bike room, locker facilities, gym facilities
- Company medical/dental plans and 401K enrollment
- PTO and major holidays off (4 weeks+ paid time off each calendar year)
- First year avg. range of $50K-$70K+ (range includes base + commission); Year two $80K+
- Growth opportunities into Sales Management / National Accounts
- Great corporate culture and community volunteerism
What you’ll bring:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- (Some) Sales experience (B2B preferred, not just customer service)
- College degree or related experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- High motivation to succeed and growth minded (National Account Director / Sales Management positions will be open in 2022 and promotions are from within)
- Ability to explain how a deficiency in one of the above categories won’t hinder you to succeed
To be considered, please submit a cover letter including why you are interested in this position and when you are available, along with a current resume including education, full work history including date range. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
International Sports Management is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome qualified applicants, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.