Interpath Laboratory is accepting highly detail-oriented and critically thinking candidates for 2 Technical Assistant roles based at their prestigious primary reference lab in Pendleton, OR where they will work alongside a large team of professionals committed to serving patients by providing timely and accurate results to healthcare providers.
Interpath will provide on the job training to individuals who have earned their Bachelors Degree in a Science discipline and encourage new graduates to apply. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door and then pursue remote schooling toward earning a Med Tech certification with one our higher education partners or an accredited school of your choice.
- Ensures accurate and timely testing of collected specimens.
- Assists MT’s and MLT’s in performing tests within the areas of Molecular, Immunology, and Microbiology.
- Assists in operating complex automated laboratory equipment, electronic equipment, computer software, and precision instruments. Provide trouble-shooting on such instruments as far as possible.
- Participates in some aspects of proficiency testing.
- Understands and adheres to HIPAA policies, procedures and regulations to assure patient confidentiality.
- Actively participates in departmental quality assurance monitoring.
- Follows all established improved quality (I.Q.) protocols.
- Follows established safety protocols.
- Performs other work related duties as the needs of the team evolve.
- Accepts results as training and complexity allows.
Candidate must comply with all state, local and federal rules, guidelines and requirements with respect to safety and health. This includes, but is not limited to any mandates with respect to the COVID-19 virus, such as PPE, testing, or vaccination rules, absent a legally recognized need for accommodation. Such accommodation requests should be promptly submitted to HR and will be reviewed and approved based on the circumstances presented.
Schedule is day shift, variable days and often includes coverage one or both weekend days ranging anywhere from 6AM – 6PM