INTO Oregon State University (INTO OSU) is a 50/50 partnership between INTO University Partnerships and Oregon State University. The partnership was established in 2008 to help drive the University’s internationalization agenda with the intent of raising its brand and profile, establishing itself as an international research-intensive university and transforming the profile of its international student body as well as enhancing the overall student experience. The partnership established and operates a campus-based state-of-the-art international pathway center that currently serves more than 1,200 international students in a variety of academic and English language programs.
INTO OSU is located on the Oregon State University (OSU) campus in Corvallis Oregon. Corvallis is one of America’s safest, greenest small cities and has been ranked the fifth best college town in the nation. Corvallis is located 90 miles south of Portland and is an hour’s drive to the beautiful Pacific Coast or the Cascade Mountain Range. Oregon State University is Oregon’s leading public research university, with 12 colleges and more than 200 undergraduate degree programs. The University welcomes a diverse student body of over 26,000 students from across Oregon, all 50 states and more than 100 countries.
INTO is an organization working in partnership with leading Universities and investing in the development of world-class international student centers. Each INTO Center is managed by a joint venture management board in which INTO and the partner university are equal shareholders. Since 2006, INTO has successfully launched partnerships with 21 universities in the United Kingdom, United States and Asia. The Oregon State University Center is the first in the US.
Marketing and Communication Specialist
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator (MCC) will be responsible for developing and coordinating marketing and communications to support INTO OSU and its partnership with Oregon State University.
This position reports to INTO OSU’s Marketing and Recruitment Manager, with a dotted line to the Director of Marketing and Communications for INTO North America, based in San Diego.
The MCC produces print and electronic materials to build awareness of the university and drive international student recruitment from global markets to INTO OSU. This position will organize and implement a wide range of activities/tactics primarily focused on the recruitment and marketing plan that support student recruitment, education counselor training and enrollment goals. The successful candidate also will be responsible for general center marketing and communications activities.
The successful candidate for this position will exemplify the INTO OSU Core Values:
A Global Outlook: We respect diverse perspectives and international experience.
Our Students: We value the success and well-being of our students as the foundation of our work.
People: We build community with compassion, cooperation, collaboration and trust. We respect each other with open communication and transparency.
Personal Efficacy: We provide leadership and take personal responsibility. We work with enthusiasm, positivity and passion.
Growth and Development: We grow and adapt to change with creativity, innovation and flexibility both as individuals and as a group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The MCC will be responsible for producing and coordinating content for the following audiences:
· INTO OSU students and staff
· INTO Sales and Marketing Staff in Regional Offices
· INTO North America (INTO NA)
· Oregon State University constituents
· Prospective, current and past students
· All third parties with the shared interests of INTO OSU as directed by the line manager, INTO OSU and INTO North America leadership
INTO OSU Marketing Materials
· Create and follow an annual content calendar showing the production schedule for all materials to promote INTO OSU and OSU and their programs for international students and campaigns. These materials include and are not limited to:
o Brochures (an annual brochure/prospectus)
o Flyers (to promote programs, scholarships and other campaigns)
o PowerPoint presentations (the annual marketing PPT and all additional versions of it)
o Videos (interviews, testimonials, program overviews, etc.)
INTO OSU Branding and Design
· Work in partnership with center and INTO North America leadership to establish and maintain branding guidelines for all materials and communications that are authentic to OSU and within brand guidelines of INTO North America
· Liaise with OSU marketing and branding to assure university brand guidelines are followed
Select, produce, order, track and ship branded merchandise, identify and contract with local vendors for print, merchandise, special events and other materials
Online and Social Marketing
· Coordinate with Marketing and Communication Specialist online marketing opportunities related to international education for INTO OSU and OSU. This includes and is not limited to:
o Social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Renren, VK, etc.)
o Website content production (updating and creating new content)
o Lead generation (collecting information from prospective students)
o Online lists (university databases and listing sites)
o Webinars (College Week Live, GoToMeeting, EducationUSA Adobe, etc.)
Internal Communication and Collaboration
· Facilitate sharing of information to ensure INTO OSU center staff is aware of center priorities
Coordinate projects in conjunction with current students, alumni and other partners
· Under the direction of or in the absence of the Marketing and Communication Specialist, coordinate marketing projects utilizing OSU students, alumni and partners
· Coordinate and host recruiter and student familiarization (FAM) trips to campus
· Coordinate additional INTO Marketing and Communications projects as assigned
· Such other duties, as required from time to time, as commensurate with the role and the needs of the business
Minimum Qualifications (Skills, Knowledge and Experience)
· Minimum of 1 year professional marketing and communications experience
· Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related field
· Comprehensive knowledge of grammar and writing, information gathering via the internet and other sources and fact checking
· Exceptional written and oral communications, research, spelling, grammar and proofreading with a thorough understanding of AP grammar style
· Experience using MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite to produce marketing materials from existing templates
· Demonstrated experience with producing videos and quality photography
· Ability to present complex and data-centric topics to international lay audiences
· Experience coordinating events, from logistics, program development and delivery, and staff/financial resources
· Experience conducting interviews with students, faculty and internal partners
· Ability to create an annual marketing plan with deadlines
· Excellent command of written and spoken English
· Ability to deal with multiple priorities at the same time, and deal with unexpected situations calmly and successfully
· Personal characteristics such as honesty, courtesy, loyalty, respect for others, a sense of humor, professionalism and accountability for one’s own performance, behavior and contributions
· Ability to relocate to Corvallis, Oregon or surrounding area; relocation support is not provided
· Applicant must pass a background check, and the legal right to work in the US; this is not a sponsored position
· Familiarity with Oregon State University
· Media relations or newswriting experience
· Experience studying abroad
· Understanding of the creative development and production process
· Familiarity with website content management systems
· Familiarity with project management software
· Familiarity with email marketing
· Ability and confidence to take an idea and see it through from concept to completion
· High energy level and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Hands-on approach to customer service
· Experience working in higher education, or an international higher education partner
· Proficiency in a second language other than English
This position is based at our INTO OSU office in Corvallis, Oregon.
This is a full time regular, non-exempt (hourly) position with comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, STD, LTD, 401(k), professional development, tuition assistance, wellness programs, paid holidays, and generous PTO. We offer a positive work environment, casual Fridays (wear your Orange and Black), on-site coffee shop and company sponsored events.
How to apply
Please click the following link to submit ONE Word or PDF document containing the following:
1. Cover letter
3. Contact information for three professional references
INTO University Partnerships provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. INTO University Partnerships complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.