Assistant Engineer – Water / Wastewater Treatment Sector Focus
Locations: Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
Position Overview: The purpose of J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. (J-U-B) is “Helping Each Other Create Better Communities.” We foster a teamwork environment to solve problems that improve society – while providing employees growth opportunities. We are seeking an experienced full-time Assistant Engineer (E.I.) to work in our Water / Wastewater Treatment Group in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. The ideal candidate will display a solid foundational understanding of water/wastewater treatment processes from college course work and/or ongoing work experience.
As an employee-owned consulting firm, J-U-B delivers innovative services which allow our clients to succeed, while providing an enriching environment for our employees.
While applying technical and engineering knowledge and skills, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
· Lead process design elements in the planning, design, and construction of municipal wastewater treatment projects from traditional secondary treatment to advanced nutrient removal, tertiary filtration, reuse, beneficial reuse of biosolids, etc. Potable/culinary water system projects include groundwater and conventional treatment as well as membrane filtration and physical-chemical treatment.
· Support related water/wastewater design efforts such as pump stations, modeling, pilot studies, monitoring, and testing.
· Analyze process and engineering data, review existing reports and documents, interpret plans and specifications, and make sound engineering decisions.
· Work side-by-side with other designers, engineers, and project managers on projects from conception to completion.
· Collaborate with clients, operators, regulatory agencies, funding agencies, contractors on project requirements and deliverables.
· Perform periodic fieldwork including construction observation, monitoring equipment installation, and project reconnaissance.
· Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering. Master’s degree with focus in the water / wastewater treatment sector is preferred, but not required.
· Certification as Engineer-in-Training (passed Fundamentals of Engineering Exam).
· Experience working as a seasonal or full-time intern under a professional engineer preferred.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office SuiteTM; experience in BioWinTM or similar process modeling software preferred but not required.
· Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
· Strong communication and writing skills.
Salary Range: $62,000 – $69,000/Determined by experience. In addition to a great salary, J-U-B also offers a competitive benefit package including bonuses for qualified employees and the ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere.
To apply for this challenging position, please visit www.jub.com We will accept applications through December 2021, reviewing and interviewing as applications are received.