The purpose of J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. (J-U-B) is “Helping Each Other Create Better Communities.” As an employee-owned consulting firm, we foster a teamwork environment to solve problems that improve society – while providing employees growth opportunities.
We are seeking an experienced Professional Engineer to work in our Water / Wastewater Treatment Group in one of several offices – Coeur d’Alene (Idaho), Kaysville (UT), or Salt Lake City (UT). The ideal candidate will display a solid understanding of water/wastewater treatment design and a strong ability to communicate with operators and clients.
While applying technical and engineering knowledge and skills, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
· Lead multi-disciplinary design teams and mentor junior staff in the planning, design, and construction of a wide variety of municipal and industrial wastewater treatment projects from traditional secondary treatment to MBRs, tertiary filtration, disinfection and reclaimed water. Potable/culinary water system projects include groundwater and conventional treatment as well as membrane filtration, and physical-chemical treatment
· Analyze process and engineering data, review existing reports and documents, interpret plans and specifications, and make sound engineering decisions.
· Coordinate with water/ wastewater staff in the local office and function as a company-wide treatment design resource and technical expert, including quality assurance and quality control support.
· Collaborate directly with clients and lead / assist business development efforts with key clients and communities.
· Prepare project scopes and manage the financial and technical aspects of projects.
· Work side-by-side with clients, engineers, contractors, regulatory agencies, and funding agencies on projects from conception to completion.
· Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering. Master’s degree with focus in the water / wastewater treatment sector is preferred, but not required.
· Professional Engineer with 5+ years of experience.
· Certification as a professional engineer in Idaho or Utah, or the ability to acquire licensure within 6 months.
· Extensive experience in municipal water/wastewater treatment planning and design, including experience working directly with clients and leading project teams.
· Proficiency in BioWinTM or similar process modeling software preferred.
· Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, support multiple teams and offices, and manage project deliverables.
· Strong communication and writing skills.
Salary Range: Determined by experience. In addition to a great salary, J-U-B also offers a competitive benefit package including bonuses for qualified employees and the ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere.
To apply for this challenging position, please visit www.jub.com