1. Establish global sourcing plan and strategy based on corporate objectives for JAE Oregon, JAE Tijuana and projects (new product introduction) as directed by JAE’s parent company.
2. Ensures that procurement activities support new business development and localization projects.
3. Establish cost control and risk management plans.
4. Monitor compliance with policies and procedures for new sourcing activities
5. Directs team activities for JAE Oregon and JAE Tijuana, including supplier development to ensure that current and future suppliers are compliant and capable of supporting our business model.
6. Ensure or Terms and Conditions and Supplier Quality Manual reflect our current business environment.
7. Establish supplier agreements that meet our inventory value and risk objectives.
8. Works with management and other JAE personnel to develop plans and budgets as well as long-range development of the each locations operation.
9. Works closely with the Oregon plant’s Engineering, Quality, Distribution and Production management to insure successful transfer of products and processes from other JAE facilities.
10. Provides for the necessary training and development of subordinate personnel to insure ongoing skill and competency improvement and professional growth.
11. Supports and fosters active participation in and compliance with corporate values as outlined in the Corporate Values and Expectations Handbook as well as the Employee Handbook.
12. Completes on the job and specialized training as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND/OR EXPERIENCE
1. Seven to ten years Purchasing experience
2. Five to ten years in a management capacity in a manufacturing environment preferred.
3. Four-year degree in related field preferred.
4. Demonstrated or proven leadership and supervisory skills.
5. Ability to learn quickly and utilize industry information to compliment production and company goals.
6. Computer proficiency with applicable software programs required (i.e. MS, Excel, Word, SPC or SQC, etc).
7. Demonstrated problem solving, continuous improvement and project management skills.
8. Working knowledge and experience in ISO and QS systems preferred.
9. Demonstrated ability to manage schedules, resources, time, meet production goals, budget and control costs