Essential Job Functions:
The following duties are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, or skills required. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.
- Assist Senior estimators while performing quantity take offs for civil construction including but not limited to:
- Erosion Control
- Traffic Control
- Sitework, clearing & grubbing, grading, bases, excavations and backfill
- Surface restoration, paving, flatwork
- Vertical Construction/Building Construction QTO
- Mechanical piping and equipment QTO
- Structural concrete
- Attend preconstruction meetings with Senior Estimators and Superintendents documenting the following:
- Site conditions
- Existing features
- Photo documentation and field notes
- Contacting Vendors/suppliers, subcontractors for bid solicitation meeting the specifications and requirements of the project
- Learning the basics of InEight Estimate software – Vendor/Contractor entries, quote folders, estimate set-up
- Learning the basics of Bluebeam, Planswift, Construct Connect for QTO
- Assisting Estimate Coordinator with all levels of bidding document preparation and submittal of bids as well as assisting in delivering of bids.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
Technical Knowledge: Be eager to learn. Ability to perform a variety of duties which may often change, and work within applicable standards of accuracy.
Physical Requirements: Ability to stand or walk for long periods; use arms and hands to reach for, handle and manipulate objects; climb up and down ladder, scaffolds and other objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl. Ability to see well and distinguish between back up alarms, voices and other normal sounds consistent with construction job sites.
Environmental Adaptability: Work inside and outside in all weather conditions, and various locations. Hard hat, hearing and eye protection required.