This internship is designed to provide graduate and undergraduate students with experience in project/program management. Interns who participate in this program will develop essential skills that are not attained in the academic world and enable them to make the transition from academic to professional life. Interns will provide logistical and administrative support to JBS International projects focusing on internal and project management processes and workflows.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide overall life cycle project support to the project/program team.
- Assists in implementation all the phases of logistical planning necessary to support delivery of project deliverables. Assists in planning and supporting pre-site, onsite, and follow-up logistical activities for meetings, events, and other related activities.
- Assist the project/program team to develop communication with the client and develop an ongoing, collaborative relationship.
- Support project/program teams in review of program area activities, and help program area team identify trends, issues, strategies, evidence-based practices (EBPs), successful grantees, etc.
- Shares information and collaborate with team on project ideas
- Assists with project/program development in conjunction with the needs of the project
PROJECT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Create/modify/realign project file directories that organize and save project files in a consistent manner with standard naming conventions that can be used by all personnel saving files to project file directories.
- Work with project staff on creating and writing material for the monthly project newsletter
- Work with PD/Deputy Directors to systematize project information workflow to both project and client staff
- Contribute to project protocols and conduct a gap analysis to determine where additional processes/protocols need development or updating
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Pursing a degree with a minimum of two semesters completed.
Language: English fluency (oral and written)
Experience: Experience in research and writing. Administrative support experience
Knowledge: Project or Program Management
Soft Skills: Must be able to organize, track and complete multiple tasks during the workday as priorities change. Key qualifications include initiative, organizational skills, ability to work well in a team, and strong communication skills (oral and written). A high level of attention to detail.
Software Proficiency: Efficiency in MS Office, online meeting tools such as Zoom or Teams.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED: This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the “Apply” link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal “EEO is the Law” poster at EEOPost.pdf.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.