Location: Kansas City, MO, US, 64106
Best People + Right Culture. These are the driving forces behind JE Dunn’s success.
By hiring inspired people, giving them interesting and challenging work, enabling them with innovative tools, and letting them share in the company’s rewards, we’ve found a sustainable way to grow in our industry for the last 90+ years.
Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired people like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
Under close and direct supervision, provide basic, routine support for one or more construction or administration-related functions including but not limited to project management, estimating, safety, accounting, etc., to support Company policies and objectives and which provide meaningful real-world, hands-on experience to complement on-going college-level classroom education.
We will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES – CORE
Campus Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Work with the project team to monitor crew size, self-perform hours, materials, quantity and equipment.
- Provide progress updates and reports
- Conduct job site observations with project leadership
- Support the close out of projects, including the punchlist, operations and maintenance manuals, as-built drawings, etc.
- Support vendor/trade partner pricing/bid solicitation and coordination
- Participate in all aspects of the project-specific safety plan and culture
- Work collaboratively and create relationships with project team members, trade partners, vendors and clients
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor
- This position is 40 hours per week
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES – ADDITIONAL CORE
- Interns will be responsible for transportation to and from the daily internship assignment for the program duration
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Able to be flexible
- High energy
- Leadership potential
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works well under pressure and in deadline situations
- Enrollment in accredited Bachelors Degree program or higher, and coursework in the area(s) related to the internship opportunity
JE Dunn Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. JE Dunn Construction is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
JE Dunn provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please submit your request to email@example.com
JE Dunn Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of JE Dunn Construction without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.