Jefferies, the global investment banking firm, has served companies and investors for over 50 years. Headquartered in New York, with offices in over 30 cities around the world, the firm provides clients with capital markets and financial advisory services, institutional brokerage and securities research, as well as wealth management. The firm provides research and execution services in equity, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures and commodities markets, and a full range of investment banking services including underwriting, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and recapitalization, and other advisory services, with all businesses operating in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Recent Awards and Acknowledgements
- One of the World’s Most Admired Companies – Fortune Magazine
- Most Innovative Investment Bank for Growth Companies – The Banker
- One of the 100 Best Companies to Work For – The Sunday Times of London
- Best Place to Work of the Decade in the Global Financial Markets – Here Is The City
What you can expect
Jefferies Summer Analysts have the unique opportunity to gain insight into a global, client-focused investment bank and experience an entrepreneurial environment where employees have the opportunity to make an immediate impact and are rewarded for performance. Our lean team structure will not only provide you with unparalleled hands-on experience, it will help you develop lasting personal and professional relationships with peers and senior professionals that will serve as the foundation for a successful career.
Following an enriching orientation and training program, Summer Analysts will begin working on their day-to-day responsibilities, with support from colleagues serving as both instructors and mentors throughout the 10-week engagement. Jefferies’ collegial program also offers a series of social and educational events to further enhance your professional development and grow your network. As a way to help maximize your experience with us, Interns will receive formal performance reviews.
In addition to working on projects that incorporate research, analysis and recommendations, Summer Analysts are challenged to think creatively, offer their input, and add value to the team from day one. As with everyone at Jefferies, Summer Analysts are expected to pursue their projects with excellence, a collaborative spirit, and with the highest levels of integrity.
What we look for in a candidate
We look for candidates who are eager to make an impact to our clients by doing real, hands-on work. Successful Jefferies Summer Analysts are able to multitask and manage a variety of projects simultaneously. Candidates must demonstrate professionalism and relationship management skills together with strong technical, written and verbal communication skills. The work is fast paced, challenging and intellectually stimulating. The ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, be adaptable and work both independently and as part of a team are essential traits of a successful candidate. You should have a strong academic background and be completing the junior year of a four-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent program. Although a background in computer science , engineering or data analytics can be helpful, we hire Summer Analysts who have studied a variety of disciplines.
WORK WITH US
The Jefferies Information Technology team affords Summer Analysts the opportunity to have an immediate impact on Technology business-critical projects. In this area, analysts will continue to develop the skills, confidence and knowledge of financial products to launch a successful career. This is an agile environment that rewards those who can adapt to changing conditions, balance passion with execution and act with assurance within the support of a collaborative and entrepreneurial team.
Summer Analysts will be placed in one of the following teams within Information Technology: Our business aligned areas such as Fixed Income, Equities and Commodities or our functional aligned areas such as Treasury, Risk Management or Corporate Services.
Summer Analyst responsibilities in Information Technology may include, but are not limited to:
- Actively contribute to key business projects as part of an existing team based on background and skillset
- Attend the Firm-wide Speaker Series
- Attend scheduled social events during the program to build relationships with fellow summer interns and JEF management.
- Document relevant work; user and technical documentation
- Work with users at all levels of the organization to understand and define user needs for applications and provide support for the business
- Sponsorship for non-U.S. residents may be available
- Undergraduate or master’s level candidate
- General Skills
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly as you collaborate with others in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Motivated candidates with a desire to pursue a Technology based career in Financial Services upon graduation
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Technical Skills
- Programming Knowledge desirable
- Matlab/KDB/SQL/C++/Java – Visual Basic, C# .Net
- Bloomberg API knowledge a plus
- Database Knowledge desirable
- SQL Server a plus
- Ability to build Database Queries