4K DPI Teacher at Reach Dane in Madison, WI – shared by Jobs That Help as a third party
Job Type Details: $1,500 Incentive Pay
- Health, dental, vision
- vacation and sick time
- 4% 403(b) match after 2 years
- company paid life insurance and long term disability
The 4 Year Old Kindergarten (4K) Teacher provides a safe and nurturing environment for children that encourage their social, emotional, physical and cognitive development. The Teacher plans and implements a developmentally appropriate curriculum for enrolled children living in low-income, at-risk environments. They ensure the provision of quality, comprehensive child development services including education, health, nutrition, parent involvement, and necessary family support services and referrals. The 4K Teacher will follow Head Start performance standards, Dane County Parent Council work plans, policies and procedures, city of Madison and NAEYC accreditation criteria (if applicable). They also maintain positive relationships with parents, children and coworkers and community partners as well as provide supervision and performance feedback for reporting staff.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, or Elementary Education that includes 18 credits specifically related to ECE.
- At least 1 year experience in an early care education setting; experience teaching preschool children means completion of supervised student teaching or experience as a preschool teacher in a licensed program or employment as a public school preschool teacher
- DPI certification in ECE or related DPI cert. or the ability to become DPI certified is required
- Experience working with low-income families