Therapeutic Classroom Leader at Reach Dane in Madison, WI – shared by Jobs That Help as a third party
Job Type Details: school year position
- Health, dental, vision
- vacation and sick time
- 4% 403(b) match after 2 years
- company paid life insurance and long term disability
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS:
Status: Part Year
Location: Union Corners, 2674 Milwaukee Street, Madison
Pay: $15.30 an hour
The Head Start Therapeutic EC Program prioritizes services for families and children who have been or are experiencing trauma that would benefit from comprehensive mental health and educational supportive services. The Therapeutic Classroom Leader, in collaboration with the Therapeutic Education Leader and Therapeutic Mental Health Leader, provides a safe and nurturing environment for children that encourage their social, emotional, physical and cognitive development. The Therapeutic Classroom Leader plans and implements a developmentally appropriate curriculum for enrolled children living in low-income, at-risk, trauma environments. They will ensure the provision of quality, comprehensive child development services including education, health, nutrition, parent involvement, and necessary family support services and referrals.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Must possess a minimum of a Preschool Credential or CDA, Early Childhood Associates Degree, Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, or Elementary Education that includes 18 credits specifically related to ECE.
- At least 1 -year experience in an early care education setting; experience teaching preschool children means completion of supervised student teaching or experience as a preschool teacher in a licensed program or employment as a public-school preschool teacher
- DPI certification in ECE or related DPI cert. or the ability to become DPI certified is preferred.