This position can be remote work at any U.S. school during the school year. You will be expected to be onsite at the Dubuque Iowa location to work during the summer term.
The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Company’s regular full-time staff and is for students who work in parallel to their school schedule.
As a Part-Time Student for John Deere Dubuque Works located in Dubuque, Iowa, you will:
- Develop verification plans for electrical components, sub-systems, & systems. Executes test or analysis plan for product verification and validation
- Participate on internal teams to drive methodology and efficiency improvements
- Provide problem solving of electrical issues on new product development and current production
- Work onsite at the Dubuque Iowa location during the summer term
What Skills You Need
- Pursuing BSEE degree
- Excellent communication skills and leadership potential
- Able to work onsite at the Dubuque Iowa location during the summer term
What Makes You Stand Out
- Knowledge of environmental verification testing
- Good knowledge of electrical wire harness circuits and routing
- Good knowledge of electrical components such as batteries, starters, alternators, rocker switches, relays, solenoids, sensors, actuators, and connectors
- Ability to work with suppliers in the application of electrical components
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering (pursuing)
No relocation benefits are available for this position.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.