The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Company’s regular full-time staff and is for students who work in parallel to their school schedule.
- Produces and/or evaluates possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications. This may include possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Compiles and furnishes necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Applies existing applications to routine problems.
- Analyzes assignments and determines engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for routine problems or projects.
- Learns and applies company engineering policies and practices; learns company products.
- Executes test or analysis plan for product verification and validation.
What Skills You Need
- Ideally you will be pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering; others may apply
- Must be registered as a full-time student at an accredited university
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Available to work during the academic year 16-20 hours weekly
- Available to work during the summer semester 32-40 hours weekly
- Knowledge of test procedures
- Knowledge in engineering principles, theory and practice as well as product knowledge
- Knowledge of product delivery process programs
What Makes You Stand Out
- Good interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills, effective time management and the ability to work independently
- Microsoft Application: Excel, Word, Power Point
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.