Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Technologist will be responsible for supporting all Tracerco business O&G diagnostic applications in the region which may include reservoir, petrochemical, refining or offshore activities. The Project Technologist will be traveling to customer sites such as refineries and other plants and assisting Engineers and Project Leaders in data gathering though radiological investigations, climbing distillation towers and other process vessels, working with radioactive materials and generating reports for customers.
The Project Technologist will be familiar with industrial process systems in order to resolve customer problems. On a day to day basis, the Project Technologist will generally work under the supervision of a project leader and act as second person on each project. However, in certain applications, the Project Technologist will be expected to work independently.
When not at a customer site, the Project Technologist is expected to support the organization by keeping equipment in working order and organizing shop work areas.
Ensuring compliance with all environmental, health and safety requirements is a top priority in this role. We maintain a non-smoking environment in the workplace and in company vehicles. This role is estimated to be up to 50% office work and at least 50% field work.
- Fully understand safety aspects of working within an industrial chemical environment as well as the proper handling of sealed and unsealed radioactive materials.
- Be familiar with the fundamentals of mass transfer and basic features found within an industrial process plant such as heat exchangers, piping systems, separation vessels and storage tanks.
- Be fully trained in the use of our range of equipment and must be able to make ready all relevant tools for use at job sites. Work in offshore production facilities and vessels
- Have a good understanding of the equipment in order to troubleshoot and carry out minor repairs when required.
- Build knowledge of, and contacts with, those who can provide equipment, repairs and other services necessary for routine operations and any special situations that may arise.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Post High School education such as some College education, an Associate’s degree level qualification or Certification in Industrial, Technical or Electronics related fields.
- Prior experience or background in technical or industrial related field is helpful.
- Solid work history
- Strong technical and mechanical aptitude
- Safety conscious attitude
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Customer service oriented.
- Excellent verbal, written and technical report writing skills in English
- Fast learner.
- Trustworthy and reliable. Able to properly follow rules and instructions with minimal supervision. Must be able to work independently in an effective and efficient manner
- Cautious and thorough, with strong attention to detail.
- Must be willing to travel overnight, sometimes on short notice, and work on a weekend on-call rotation.
- Must hold valid passport or be able to obtain a passport in order to participate in occasional international jobs.
- Must be able to legally work in Canada for any employer without requiring visa sponsorship.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment verification process.