Commercial Banking – Innovation Development Summer Analyst Program
About the Team
Commercial Banking is focused on helping our clients succeed and making a positive difference in our communities. We provide credit and financing, treasury and payment services, international banking and real estate services to clients including corporations, municipalities, institutions, real estate investors and owners, and nonprofit organizations. As active members in our communities, we offer lending, equity, training and mentorship to help power diverse businesses, expand affordable housing, support vital institutions and advance the sustainable change that our communities need now more than ever.
The Innovation Development Program (IDP) focuses on building the next generation of innovators and disruptors, creating a long lasting and positive impact, and developing innovative solutions to complex problems within Commercial Banking line of business.
Commercial Banking (CB) provides a full range of services including lending, treasury services, investment banking, commercial card and asset management products to meet clients’ domestic and international needs. CB operates in over 100 locations and serves approximately 17,000 clients nationally, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit entities, with annual revenue from $20 million to $2 billion, and nearly 34,000 real estate clients, owners and investors.
The Innovation Development Program supports CB in a truly unique way – through rotational opportunities across functional, business, and product teams such as Strategy, Digital, Client Transformation, Product Innovation, Marketing, and Business Architecture. The impact you’ll deliver as part of this program will significantly enhance a broad range of products and processes that drive value for our businesses and clients.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive and inclusive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us develop the next wave of products and solutions for our clients.
What to expect
The 9-week summer program – a talent pipeline for our full-time rotational Innovation Development Analyst Program – will provide you with relevant orientation and training that you’ll use throughout the summer. As a Summer Analyst, you’ll learn to approach challenges with an end-to-end lens through program education, hands-on learning, and mentoring.
You’ll be placed on a high-impact team for the summer, where you’ll work across one or more core disciplines:
- Project-based strategy: Develop recommendations to improve the bank’s operational and financial performance
- Transformation & execution: Design new customer value propositions and help deliver a best-in-class client experience
- Product management: Support the build, launch, and delivery of products to solve customer challenges
- Process and change management: Re-engineer critical processes and help lead key organizational and change initiatives
- Data, technology & systems: Leverage data and platforms to drive decision-making and improve business architecture
While day-to-day activities will vary based upon your team, you can expect to take on a combination of mission-critical responsibilities, including combining strategic thinking and quantitative analysis to answer business questions, presenting and communicating findings to key stakeholders, building a deep knowledge of our business and products, and leveraging an innovation mindset to design client experiences and solutions.
Upon successful completion of the internship program, you may receive an offer to become part of the full-time Innovation Development Program, a 2-year program consisting of 3 eight-month rotations across forward-thinking functional, business or product teams within the Commercial Bank.
Locations we hire for:
- New York City
- Palo Alto
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Desire and passion for creating positive change through financial services
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated leadership experience in school or community
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, knowledge of Python, Java, SQL is a plus
- Relevant internship experience and accounting, data science, economics, engineering, finance or coursework is a plus
- Pursing a bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation date between December 2022 and June 2023
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale is preferred
- Candidates must be authorized to work permanently in the U.S.
- To be eligible for this program, you must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, JPMorgan Chase & Co., will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit including optional practical training (OPT) or curricular practical training (CPT.)
At JPMorgan Chase, we’re creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you’re passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we’re looking for you.
Help us learn about you by submitting a complete and thoughtful application, which includes your resume. Your application and resume are ways for us to initially get to know you, so it’s important to complete all relevant application questions so we have as much information about you as possible.
After you confirm your application, we will review it to determine whether you meet certain required qualifications.
If you are advanced to the next step of the process, you’ll receive an email invitation to complete a video interview, powered by HireVue. This is your opportunity to further bring your resume to life and showcase your experience for our recruiting team and hiring managers.
HireVue is required, and your application will not be considered for further review until you have completed them. We strongly encourage that you apply and complete this required element as soon as possible, since programs will close as positions are filled.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.
Learn more about our community impact at https://www.jpmorgan.com/commercial-banking/impact