*This position is currently available as a remote internship due to COVID-19.
- Directly assist the Director of Operations with developing a weekly curriculum for all internship positions
- Directly assist the Director of Operations with researching and presenting instructional materials for all internship positions.
- Must be knowledgeable of any current trends in instructional methods and educational technology.
- Directly assist the Director of Operations with incorporating new technology into weekly lesson plans when needed.
- Responsible for providing weekly feedback to the Director of Operations based on individual observation and student performance data.
- Directly assist Director of Operations with coming up with an effective way to monitor and evaluate performance as well as assess the quality of instruction
- Will meet one on one with the Director of Operations once a week virtually to discuss plans for each student
- A hard-working and dedicated master’s level student in Education, Psychology, Curriculum and Instruction or a related field. (Bachelor’s level students who are seniors may be considered)
- Creative, innovative, and comfortable working with multidisciplinary teams and independently when necessary
- A self-starter with the ability to show initiative, multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Must require strong interpersonal, writing and communication skills
My name is William Foncham and I am the Director of Operations here at Kirstin’s Haven, Inc. Our organization is looking to add more undergraduate and masters level interns who are looking to gain experience with developing weekly curriculums for interns in our organization.
Our company provides internships that are focused on human resources, marketing, grant writers, administrative assistants, web/graphic designers and much more!
Our services consist of individualized clinical treatment and rehabilitation services to homeless veterans and individuals with mental health and substance abuse issues. Our services are comprised of stable housing for homeless veterans, comprehensive counseling services, Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program services (PRP), Supported Employment services (SE), Intensive Outpatient services (IOP), Health Home (HH), DUI/DWI Education classes, and Level 1 Outpatient Substance Abuse treatment.
Our non-profit organization provides permanent housing solutions to Veterans and low income individuals. Eighty percent of our clients are U.S. Armed Forces Veterans, and 20 percent are living with a diagnosed disability. Kirstin’s Haven takes pride in establishing long term relationships,and through these relationships we have formed collaborative partnerships with several referring agencies to assist the clients in obtaining permanent housing solutions.
Another addition of our non-profit is the Foncham Distribution Center. Kirstin’s Haven Inc., a 501(C)(3) non-partisan, nonprofit organization has partnered with Good360, the leader in product philanthropy to create the Foncham Distribution Center. The Foncham Distribution Center works with companies, charities and individuals to make giving simpler and effective. By offering new non-perishables and home product donations to other non-profit organizations in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
*Students may receive educational credit for all our internships