*This position is currently available as a remote internship due to COVID-19.
Under the direction of the assigned supervisor the Intake Coordinator Intern will utilize person centered services to help persons served to engage in the partial care program as a means to integrate into the community to the greatest extent possible. He/she provides services consistent with the program’s goals and objectives. Implements evidence based practices and assures all services are focused on recovery and wellness.
Essential Job Functions
- Create and Maintain :
- A wellness and recovery oriented environment by using person-first language, respectful documentation, and person centered planning. All services provided will promote a wellness and recovery outcome.
- Schedules and completes all program intake assessments including comprehensive social assessment, mental status, addiction screening, strengths, needs and preferences and initial plan.
- Facilitates the engagement and orientation process helping people to link to PC services
- Assures coordination with outside providers and facilitates a smooth transition to assigned unit.
- Program Activities :
- Promotes the psychiatric rehabilitation philosophy and person’s served empowerment by including individuals in all tasks and seeking their input and involvement in running the daily program activities
- Develops, implements and participates in formal and informal social and recreational activities and independent living skills groups as indicated
- Attends and Participates in staff meetings
- Outreach and follow-up contacts as necessary
- Chart management:
- Completes all intakes and orientation paperwork for all new admissions
- Works with persons served to assess needs and formulate individual recovery plans
- Ongoing case management including advocacy, resource development, service coordination,
- Assumes responsibility for timely case recording, record keeping and facilitating psychiatric consultations
- Program Evaluation/Reports :
- Completes monthly program reports
- Completes all reports and paperwork required for compliance with funding regulations
- Completes chart audits
- Creates, receives and responds to all e-mail correspondence in a prompt and professional manner. Emails must be read once per work day/shift
- Scope of responsibility:
- Familiarizes self with the formal and informal departmental goals, standards, policies and procedures which may include some familiarity of other departments within the agency
- Decision making:
- On a regular and continuous basis, exercises sound judgment and assume responsibility for decisions, consequences and results having an impact on people, costs and/or quality of service within the functional area.
Requirements: Working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or related area. 3 years work experience in mental health field is preferred. Driver’s Licence required.
- Demonstrates empathy and respect for people receiving services
- Timely documentation, report writing
- Exchanges non-routine information using tact and persuasion as appropriate, requiring excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Speak, read and write English (fluent in Spanish a plus)
- Emotional skills:
- Relates well to people of all ages, races and socio-economic backgrounds and disability groups
- Presents and fosters a trusting professional relationship with all persons encountered on a daily basis
- Upbeat, Professional attitude, and a willingness to learn
- Intellectual skills:
- Comprehend hospital/medical records
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and an ability to manages diverse responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organizational and problem-solving ability
- Must demonstrate a high level of initiative and ability to work autonomously
- Computer proficiency:
- Agency Computer use:
- MS Office applications, with strong emphasis in MS Word.
- Must be willing to learn and utilize all current and future computer applications as related to the position.
*Students may receive educational credit for all our internships