Do you have experience working in agriculture? KWS is currently looking for an Agricultural Research Technician II with a focus in pesticide application to join our team in Kimberly, Idaho!
The Agricultural Research Technician will provide support to the seed production group by making needed pesticide applications to the seed productions. This role will also assist in steckling production activities including planting, counting, rogueing and harvesting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Keep inventory of pesticides at the station.
- Chemical applications for seed productions under the supervision of the agronomist.
- Record and maintain all application records using provided record keeping tools
- Clean all equipment following use.
- Support agronomist in calibration and application of pesticides for other activities.
- Assist in planning which chemicals to use in seed productions.
- Keep detailed records of activities, which include regulatory records and utilize correct reporting methods.
- Mix chemistries for pesticide applications.
- Utilize spreadsheets to analyze work plans and make recommendations.
- Travel and/or drive on behalf of the business.
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One or more years of experience in general farming.
- Experience in chemical and pesticide applications.
- Ability to work variable hours as needed.
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving history.
- Ability to work independently and within a team with flexibility.
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
KWS offers competitive pay, medical, dental and vision insurance as well as robust benefits including 4 weeks of PTO, 401(k) match and employer funded pension plan.