Are you passionate about agriculture and looking for a new growth opportunity? KWS is currently looking for an Agricultural Research Technician II with a focus in seed production to join our team in Kimberly, Idaho!
The Agricultural Research Technician will work in all aspects of seed production including planting, checking plants for sterility and fertility, entering data and harvest. Important areas of this role include maintaining accurate records and adhering to quality standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Become proficient in checking fertility or sterility in sugarbeet seed plants
- Ensure completion of detailed records for seed production activities
- Independently create work plans based on experience and knowledge of best practices, write and deliver work instructions, draw maps for plots, make weather related decisions for success of regulated trials and safety of workers.
- Organize and sort plant material to ensure setup and planting arrangement is done accurately.
- Operate the required proprietary software for data collection.
- Direct and operate planting and harvest equipment including proprietary technology and equipment, which will include commercial vehicles and forklifts.
- May train, and supervise seasonal and temporary workers and coordinate work schedules as needed.
- Keep detailed records of activities, which include regulatory records and utilize correct reporting methods.
- Organize, direct and apply pesticides to field sites under the direction of qualified personnel as needed.
- Assist in steck harvest in December and January in Arizona
- May mix chemistries for pesticide applications.
- Utilize spreadsheets to analyze work plans and make recommendations.
- Travel and/or drive on behalf of the business.
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One or more years of experience in specific tasks being conducted by the stations.
- Ability to work variable hours as needed.
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving history.
- Ability to work independently and within a team with flexibility.
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or higher, or equivalent in a related field and/or 2 years’ experience in agriculture, crop production, general farming, landscaping, greenhouse or similar.
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (drone) experience.
- Experience working with regulated plant material.
- Bilingual skills.
- Experience working with agricultural pesticide applications
- Supervisory experience.
- Valid CDL license or ability to obtain CDL within 6 months of hire.
- Have or be able to obtain Pesticide Applicator License.