At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions —because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here, you can join our more than 70,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact on people’s lives. Join us in our pursuit of answers.
Global Internship Program:
Exciting opportunity to be part of the Labcorp 2022 Global Internship Program as a Study Technician with our Pathology Department in Greenfield, Indiana or Somerset, New Jersey!
As a Labcorp intern, you will have the opportunity to support meaningful assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Business and Healthcare disciplines, are inspiring and valuable in our mission to improve health and improve lives across the globe. In addition to department work, we support your professional development and career exploration through program workshops, leadership speakers, employee resource group introductions, new hire panel discussions and small group ‘coffee chats’.
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
About the Teams:
- In this lab-based role you you’ll collect, document and manage data that includes animal observations, test material administration and clinical samples and will work with animal samples and tissues daily.
What to Expect:
To collect, document, and manage pertinent data including clinical sample collection and basic necropsy and histology post-life procedures in compliance with appropriate SOP, Protocol, and Regulatory Agency guidelines. Must learn and know applicable anatomic terms.
- Prepares tissues/ samples for inventory and archiving
- Performing multiple tissue freezing techniques and measuring of tissues
- Performing histological trimming, bagging of tissues, and embedding
- Perform basic necropsy or histology tasks on a variety of laboratory animals in compliance with the appropriate SOPs, GLPs, and regulatory guidelines
- Monitor animal health and welfare in compliance with the Animal Health and Welfare Act and help maintain facilities for AAALAC compliance.
Internship Assignment Summary:
What to Expect:
- Establish an understanding of basic lab practices and SOPs in a multidisciplinary lab environment
- Attend training sessions to learn additional skills
- Familiarize yourself with business development platforms to analyze and visualize data into valuable insights for more informed decision making
- Engage in professional development workshops to enhance your business acumen and professional presence
- Working towards degree in Biology, Chemistry, Animal Science, or related life sciences