Curing Cheese Puller – 1st shift – $18.00
Come join the world’s leading dairy company and maker of award-winning specialty cheeses! We promote from within, so let’s discuss your career growth possibilities.
We are offering a $2,000* Hiring Bonus to candidates for hourly positions who apply by April 1, 2021 through May 31, 2021 and who are hired by July 31, 2021.
*Bonus amount is a gross amount. $1,000 will be paid out in following paycheck 90 days after hire; an additional $1,000 will be paid out in following paycheck 180 days after hire. Temporary, part-time and certain rehired employees are not eligible.
Pay: Pay: $18.00/hour or more dependent upon skills and experience.
Weekend Pay: 20% more, extra $3.60 per hour
Lactalis offers very competitive pay, benefits and paid time off.
Hours: 6:00 am – 2:15 pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Move cheese from curing room to curing room
- Have an accurate count of the cheese count, dumps and downgrades
- Meet efficiency budget levels with maintaining a high quality product
- Monitor cheese quality
- Maintain clean and organized work area
- Interact with associates to maintain efficient process flow
- Maintain open line of communication with curing operators
- Perform sanitation duties as assigned
- Report problems and/or concerns to the manager
- Apply safety rules and ensure they are implemented and followed
- Follow quality programs to ensure the quality and specifications of product are continually met
- Other duties as assigned
Candidate must have the following attributes/skills; strong attention to detail and accuracy, personal qualities of tact and dependability, possess good manual dexterity, vision abilities (close, distance color and ability to focus), able to push/pull/lift and carry at least 30 pounds continuously and 50 pounds occasionally, be able to stand for entire shift, be able to perform repetitive movements (e.g. twisting, gripping, lifting, bending, reaching).
- High School Diploma/General Education Degree (GED) is preferred
- Previous employment in a food industry setting is preferred
- Stable and dependable work history is required
- Basic mathematical skills are required (must be able to calculate averages)
- Able to stand for entire shift and be able to perform repetitive movements (e.g. twisting, gripping, lifting, bending, reaching)
- Able to push/pull/lift and carry at least 30 pounds continuously and 50 pounds occasionally
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
The ideal candidate will be proactive and dynamic, flexible and receptive to new ideas, down to earth and pragmatic, analytical and attentive to detail. He or she will also be capable of working independently in adherence to regulations, of managing stress and remaining calm under pressure, and be able to demonstrate an inquiring mind and well-developed observational skills. Will demonstrate a sense of responsibility and high professional standards, honesty and integrity, and objectivity. Possess values of ambition and engagement, with simplicity.
Click on the “Careers” tab. We offer competitive wages and excellent benefits in a clean and stable work environment. Post-offer drug screens and background checks are conducted. Lactalis American Group is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer. Must be at least 18 years old. Veterans encouraged to apply!
218 South Park Street, Belmont, WI 53510