Substitute employees serve in various capacities to ensure that day-to-day operations run as smooth as possible. Substitute teachers ensure that learning continues while the teacher is absent. This support is integral in ensuring the success of students in Lake County Schools.
As a Substitute Teacher, you will work on an as-needed basis, selecting jobs based on when and where you would like to work. This flexible schedule is well suited for those who are interested in full-time or part-time employment.
o High School Diploma or GED
o Valid Florida educator certification preferred but not required
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
o Reliable Transportation
o Access to the Internet
o Ability to work as a substitute teacher at least 3 days a month
Daily Rate – $85.00 to $115.00 (based on education)
- High School Diploma or GED $85.00 per full day
- Associate’s Degree or Higher, and/or 60+ College Credits $100.00 per full day
- Current Florida Certified Teacher or Retired LCS Teacher $115.00 per full day
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Assumes duties of the regular classroom teacher promptly and in accordance with school rules.
· Implements existing lesson plans in a manner that ensures the integrity of academic time, and motivates students to learn and participate.
· Instructs students regarding a variety of classroom topics/courses of instruction, as determined by the lesson plans provided.
· Assigns reasonable tasks and homework to students in accordance with the lesson plans provided.
· Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students. Addresses various learning styles of students accordingly.
· Maintains and/or assists in maintaining classroom control which fosters a safe, positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with school board policies and all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
· Ensures adequate supervision of students, remains in the classroom, and monitors students at all times.
· Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect equipment, materials, and facilities.
· Reports student injury, accidents, illness, and discipline problems to school administration/designee immediately.
· Supervises students in out-of-class settings (e.g., assemblies, lunchroom) as directed by a school administrator/designee.
· Utilizes current technology, as appropriate, to perform job functions and participates in training programs offered to increase technology skill level, job proficiency, current trends, and best practices relevant to the area of responsibility.
· Performs related duties as directed.
Full job description: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12TZ4fh6TA0loDvk3ClNQ4IaBsJ5mwTxW/view
For more information regarding Substitute Teachers, please visit our website at https://www.lake.k12.fl.us/departments/chief-of-staff/human-resources/substitutes/sub-teachers