Lamar University is seeking applicants for an Assistant Athletic Trainer Position.
Position is a full-time, twelve-month position with dual clinical and teaching responsibilities .
- The Assistant Athletic Trainer provides medical services to Lamar University student athletes under the direction of the Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Medicine.
- Serve as an apprenticeship program instructor for the undergraduate athletic training apprenticeship program for Texas Licensure (LAT) within the college of Kinesiology.
- Design and implement exercise and rehabilitation programs for student-athletes with medical conditions and evaluate readiness to compete. Accurately maintain all records and reports (physical examinations, injury records, physician notes, treatment & rehabilitation notes, etc.).
- Assist team Physician and Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Medicine in injury recognition, treatment, rehabilitation and conditioning of the student-athlete.
- Supervise graduate assistant athletic trainers as assigned. Work cooperatively with other staff, coaches and department personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Medicine
Primary Sport Coverage: Women’ s Basketball
Anticipated Start Date: October 2021
- Health insurance and other benefits as an employee of the State of Texas.
- Tuition assistance is provided to employee, a spouse and/or eligible dependent children.
Master’s degree in Athletic Training or related field.
Licensed Athletic Trainer by Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (or eligible).
Emergency Cardiac Care (ECC) certification required.
Minimum of one (1)year athletic training experience beyond the undergraduate level.
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
Strong interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated ability to effectively work in teams.
Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
Knowledge and support of NCAA rules and regulations.
Demonstrated understanding of the medical needs, expectations, and requirements of student-athletes to promote, maintain, and enhance their health and well-being.
Official transcripts are required at time of employment.
About Lamar University:
Home to more than 15,000 students, Lamar University is among the fastest growing Texas colleges and Universities. Lamar offers 17 varsity sports and competes at the NCAA Division I level as a member of the Southland Conference. Lamar has some of the finest athletic facilities in the region. Most recently, the Dauphin Athletic Complex was completed to include a new strength and conditioning center, sports medicine facility and academic center. The Montagne Center, which opened in 1984 and has a seating capacity of 10,080, is one of the premier basketball arenas in the country.
Submit resume and professional reference list to:
Kristin Willeford MS, LAT, ATC
Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Medicine
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Job Posting Link to Apply: Lamar University | Assistant Athletic Trainer #497285