Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Associate Director of Admissions Operations is an exciting position that provides dynamic leadership and supervision to planning, development, coordination, and implementation of the admissions services of Lamar University. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to immediately build rapport with staff, young adults, external organizations, and key stakeholders. The position offers opportunity to help lead in creative, marketing efforts for the department to attract potential new students while incorporating a sales-driven approach. Primary functions include efficiently implementing the undergraduate and graduate admissions policies of the university. The associate director assists with implementation of all policies and procedures pertaining to the university’s admission services for all undergraduate and graduate students, including those entering through Lamar University Online Platform (Academic Partnerships). The associate director provides leadership and oversight to personnel and day-to-day operations in admissions, including print and electronic communications, report preparation, hiring and training of staff, and budget management.
- Health insurance and other benefits as an employee of the State of Texas.
- Tuition assistance is provided to employee, a spouse and/or eligible dependent children.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Provides direct and indirect supervision to staff of 20 full-time employees
- Oversee and maintain standards and procedures for admissions processing
- Gatekeeper for ApplyTexas application platform and responsible for setup and maintenance of each application cycle
- Design electronic communication flows for admissions notification
- Serves as Residency Official for tuition rate determination in accordance with state laws
- Responsible for setup, testing, and technical oversight of all admission databases and software
- Provides resolution to complex admissions situations
- Interpret and apply laws and regulations from the Texas Higher Education Code, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, US Homeland Security, Lamar University policies, and other state or federal laws pertaining to admissions
- Monitor collection of admissions data
- Supervise and manage the support staff of the department
- Prepare and distribute reports as mandated by federal, state and university requirements
- Protect the confidentiality of all student records
- Represent the university through participation in local, state, and regional professional admissions activities
- Work with other university services such as Financial Aid, new student orientation, developmental studies, the Office of International Education and Services (OIES) and other academic units to insure smooth student transition from applicant to enrolled students
- Five to seven years of progressively increasing responsibility in a University Admissions environment.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years, Masters degree preferred, but experience may substitute.
- Experience in design of student information system admissions modules, knowledge of Banner, Xtender, and Axlom preferred.
- Must have a broad understanding of systems, policies, and regulations relating to university admissions.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to organize communication flows.
- Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Job Posting Link: Lamar University | Associate Director of Admissions Operations #496082