Job Summary: The Voice Communications Analyst will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and support of the Telecommunications systems, including adds, moves, and changes, for profile/stations, voice mail, contact center, and wiring support. It provides troubleshooting and programming, responding to service requests from customers via web portal, telephone call or email request. This position will help troubleshoot and maintain all low-voltage copper wiring for the analog circuits. Provides support to students, faculty, and staff in the proper use of voice communication services. Assists in system planning as directed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Configure hardware and software-based PBX for new phone lines, adds, moves, and changes; also programs IP phones and develops standardized feature sets
- Resolves basic to complex incidents and service requests for voice services
- Provide support to telecom infrastructure initiatives in the areas of voice, voicemail, contact center.
- Troubleshoots voice problems and outages and schedules/implements patches, upgrades, hot fixes, and security configurations.
- Establishes voice environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, and defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Assists in project and technical support of Cisco Unified Communications Manager related technologies, including Call Manager, Cisco Unity, Cisco Unified Presence, Jabber, Cisco Contact Center, Meeting Place, E-911, Gateways, SIP and PRI circuits.
- Manages and maintains voice network documentation and equipment inventories.
- Troubleshoot analog and digital circuits on various categories of copper low-voltage wiring.
- Work with vendors to assist in defining and resolving problems with each system and/or associated voice and data circuits
- Generate statistical reports from departmental databases as requested by management
- Cross training with the Service Desk as a backup during critical implementations
- Train users on current and emerging technology, and provide support to students, faculty, and staff in the proper use of voice communications services.
- Participates in daily and after-hours on-call support for voice operating needs
- Perform other duties as assigned for the betterment of the university
- Health insurance and other benefits as an employee of the State of Texas.
- Tuition assistance is provided to employee, a spouse and/or eligible dependent children.
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, information systems or related field.
May substitute years of experience combined with an Associate’s degree
Minimum Experience Required:
Five (5) years of experience in the operation and maintenance of Cisco VoIP network environments required.
Knowledge of equipment used in repair and maintenance of voice and data communications networks. Knowledge of regulations and standards relating to voice and data communications. Knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications Manager (11.x or later); Knowledge of Cisco Unity Connection (11.x or later); Knowledge of voice gateways, e.g., MGCP, SIP, H.323, SCCP, digital PRI/T1,analog FXO/FXS; Solid knowledge of Cisco Unified Contact Center Express; Working knowledge of data networks as applied to VoIP communications including Ethernet, TCP/IP, VLANs,
DHCP, TFTP and QoS. Solid knowledge of low voltage cabling standards as it applies to supporting voice and data; High degree of familiarity of EIA/TIA 568B standard for unshielded twisted pair (UTP) for category 5e and 6 wiring; Familiarity with telephony and Tip/Ring wiring; Knowledge of BCSI standard. Skill in working with a diverse population. Skill in both verbal and written communication. Skill in time management.
Job Conditions: Work is performed under direct supervision, with latitude for independent decisions.
Physical Requirements: May be required to move and lift materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. May be required to climb ladders and work overhead. Good physical condition with quick mental capabilities.
Lamar Expectation of Quality:
Employee will support the mission of Lamar by providing high quality, professional services, timely responses, and solutions to customer requests.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Job Posting Link to Apply: Lamar University | Voice Communications Analyst #498394